BJ Upton to the Braves

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
You could have saved me the trouble of going to ESPN by saying it was 5/$75.

$15 million a year for Upton is a little excessive. I'd think $12 million a year is more than enough for a player like him.

Just goes to show how movable that Rios contract is right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
$15 million a year for Upton is a little excessive. I'd think $12 million a year is more than enough for a player like him.

Just goes to show how movable that Rios contract is right now.

With all the influx of $ coming in from tv contracts specifically the espn deal brining in $25m to each teams coffers. Rios's contract looks very good if he can continue to be a 3WAR player. I hope he has finally figured it out and continue this type of production for the remainder of his contract 12.5 this year and next, and 13.5 or a 1m buy out for his age 34 season in 2015.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
With all the influx of $ coming in from tv contracts specifically the espn deal brining in $25m to each teams coffers. Rios's contract looks very good if he can continue to be a 3WAR player. I hope he has finally figured it out and continue this type of production for the remainder of his contract 12.5 this year and next, and 13.5 or a 1m buy out for his age 34 season in 2015.

The only issue with Rios is consistency year in and year out. But the same could be said about Upton.

Other than age, Rios has Upton beat.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 29, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
To B.J. freakin' Upton. LOL

They'll have to pay Heyward soon though, so that mark is unlikely to last.

Technically Heyward wouldn't count against that since he's not going to be a free agent...so for all I know the Braves have signed someone to a larger contract but that was just an extension