Bell can see gains already internationally

southsider2k5

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna snag that SSS article and post it in Pale Hose Talk, because it seems relevant to me. Hahn doing "nothing" is Hahn saving money so they can continue to incorporate it into building a minor league system.

Absolutely love the Laumann quote too...

"I no longer have to worry about being the only supply of players. We don't feel quite the urgency find polished players [with low-ceilings but high floors]. It changes the way we draft, we might reach more for a player who's raw [with a high-ceiling]."

And they really were drafting a "safe" player when drafting a guy like Jared Mitchell. He's got a shot to be a good player, but right now he screams platoon/4th outfielder. But Courtney Hawkins, Keon Barnum, and virtually the entire 2012 draft sort of signal that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm gonna snag that SSS article and post it in Pale Hose Talk, because it seems relevant to me. Hahn doing "nothing" is Hahn saving money so they can continue to incorporate it into building a minor league system.

Absolutely love the Laumann quote too...

And they really were drafting a "safe" player when drafting a guy like Jared Mitchell. He's got a shot to be a good player, but right now he screams platoon/4th outfielder. But Courtney Hawkins, Keon Barnum, and virtually the entire 2012 draft sort of signal that.

I didn't see this comment until after I posted in PHT, but I was thinking the same thing.

Chicago White Sox

Top signing: OF Hanleth Otano, Dominican Republic, $550,000.

Six-figure signings: 3B Luis Castillo (Dominican Republic), SS Johan Cruz (Dominican Republic), OF Antonio Rodriguez (Dominican Republic), RHP Victor Done (Dominican Republic), RHP Yelmison Peralta (Dominican Republic).

Quick Take: In their year July 2 under Marco Paddy, the White Sox spent the majority of their international money on Dominican prospects.

From Baseball America.

Anyone have info on Otano?

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
Chicago White Sox

Top signing: OF Hanleth Otano, Dominican Republic, $550,000.

Six-figure signings: 3B Luis Castillo (Dominican Republic), SS Johan Cruz (Dominican Republic), OF Antonio Rodriguez (Dominican Republic), RHP Victor Done (Dominican Republic), RHP Yelmison Peralta (Dominican Republic).

Quick Take: In their year July 2 under Marco Paddy, the White Sox spent the majority of their international money on Dominican prospects.

From Baseball America.

Anyone have info on Otano?

Not a whole lot in the signing thread...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86228