Phil Humber claimed by Houston

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Humber avoided arbitration with the Astros. One year deal with an option for 2014.

Assuming the guaranteed year is around $1 million, this is a pretty smart move for the Astros. Nothing to really lose here and if he bounces back they could get something of value for him at the deadline.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
He's clearly going to throw a complete game one-hit shutout the first time he's presented with the Sox lineup. He'll also probably have 5+ ERA at the end of the season, should he make it that far.

I think you are right. But for the life of me I can't see him getting our guys out. He's that bad. But you know it's going to happen somehow.

Then again, I can't see Humber getting anybody out. Surely we'll beat him if we face him. He's one of the worst pitchers in baseball IMO.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 06:25 AM)
what do you guys think happened to Phil? permanent anxiety after throwing the PG, or do you think it was a lingering injury?

What happened to Phil Humber is that he went back to being Phil Humber.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Thank you Phil Humber for giving your all in Chicago

He played a role here, was great in the 1st half 2 seasons ago, but reverted back to the inconsistent pitcher.

The Sox need to continue to find these innings from unexpected, low cost sources to balance out the payroll.