White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Arguing with Marty basically is the White Sox offseason thus far. What fun. Gimme more please

I've found conventional wisdom here on Soxtalk to be wrong quite often. Remember, KW was going to be GM this year and beyond without question according to conventional wisdom on here.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
I've found conventional wisdom here on Soxtalk to be wrong quite often. Remember, KW was going to be GM this year and beyond without question according to conventional wisdom on here.

Yeah, we were too conservative -- he got promoted

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)

Instead you are arguing with a guy who is a professional licensed and experienced major league baseball trainer over how this particular surgery projects for John Danks recovery.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
With the value being acquired for starting pitching via trade, I really hope Quintana and/or Floyd are seriously being discussed with some teams.

I guarantee you Floyd has been. Quintana...I just don't think anyone is going to give up what you'd ask for him after his performance last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Instead you are arguing with a guy who is a professional licensed and experienced major league baseball trainer over how this particular surgery projects for John Danks recovery.

If Soxtalk thinks he's going to be fine . . .

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Danks will throw less than 190 innings next year.

Hey didn't you hear the news? Apparently John Danks has regained his lost velocity, learned how to pitch inside, stopped walking guys and finally learned a third pitch. All thanks to an exploratory surgery that apparently "experts" have guaranteed was a success. No chance at all it didn't work, thank heavens!

Thou shall only discuss John Danks with blind optimism on Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
Hey didn't you hear the news? Apparently John Danks has regained his lost velocity, learned how to pitch inside, stopped walking guys and finally learned a third pitch. All thanks to an exploratory surgery that apparently "experts" have guaranteed was a success. No chance at all it didn't work, thank heavens!

This sums it ALL up perfectly.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)

By all means, let proceed in ignorance to what professionals who actually do this for a living say.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
So what is all of this "history" you are basing calling all of Soxtalk idiots for listening to an actual trainer for. You do have some actual evidence before call out people, right?

I have no evidence only opinion. I do question conventional wisdom here on Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
I have no evidence only opinion. I do question conventional wisdom here on Soxtalk.

conventional wisdom on sox talk I just want to hear something new and inspiring or even thought provoking. It just seems so quiet and there is too many questions concerning the 2013 white sox

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
I don't think he could have pitched through it.

There were questions about Danks not taking the next step in his development before the surgery. I have a hard time believing the surgery will vault him to the next level.

At this point no one is wrong so let's assume it's a 50/50 split OK ;) ;) But, the reports on his progress have been good. I tend to believe he will come back and pitch very well. Who would have thought Jake P was going to rebound like he did? I don't think the surgery Danks had was as bad as Jake's.