White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Which is exactly what you admitted to doing.

No. No one on this site has guaranteed me that Danks will throw 190 innings next year, but I'm getting jumped on for the opinion that he won't come back as good a pitcher as he was before the surgery.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
No. No one on this site has guaranteed me that Danks will throw 190 innings next year, but I'm getting jumped on for the opinion that he won't come back as good a pitcher as he was before the surgery.

Nice twist of a conversation. You could just stand behind what you were doing here... Calling people stupid for disagreeing with you and instead agreeing with a guy who does this for a living.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)

You stated it as fact, and then stated it as "history." There is a possibility, and perhaps even a good one, that he comes back worse. However, Chris Carpenter has had shoulder issues before as well and he actually came back better, so history works for Danks there.

At least acknowledging that Danks could come back just as good is really all you needed to do, but I really haven't seen that.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)

Note that by putting the number at 190 innings, you're putting all the onus on us to assume absolutely nothing bad happens. He can't be hit by a line drive, he can't pull an abdominal muscle. Danks didn't pitch 190 innings in 2011...because he pulled an abdominal muscle and hit the 15 day DL for a stretch. So you're making a very weak prediction while asking us to say "Yes, absolutely" to something we wouldn't be confident about for anyone.

There's literally no one in our rotation who I would say "Yes, I guarantee they will throw 190 innings". Not a single one. All that means is, you've given us an incredible standard to meet, and you're judging us based on the fact that we won't meet it.

Here's one for you. Will you guarantee me that Danks will throw less than 80 innings? That's an equally fair test.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
Note that by putting the number at 190 innings, you're putting all the onus on us to assume absolutely nothing bad happens. He can't be hit by a line drive, he can't pull an abdominal muscle. Danks didn't pitch 190 innings in 2011...because he pulled an abdominal muscle and hit the 15 day DL for a stretch. So you're making a very weak prediction while asking us to say "Yes, absolutely" to something we wouldn't be confident about for anyone.

There's literally no one in our rotation who I would say "Yes, I guarantee they will throw 190 innings". Not a single one. All that means is, you've given us an incredible standard to meet, and you're judging us based on the fact that we won't meet it.

Here's one for you. Will you guarantee me that Danks will throw less than 80 innings? That's an equally fair test.

Thanks for making my point, B.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
Hey, consider yourself lucky. I got banned in the aftermath of being wrongly accused of trolling.

Uh, no. You're still here, aren't you? The woe-is-me routine isn't getting you anything, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to hitch your wagon to this particular horse either.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
Hey, consider yourself lucky. I got banned in the aftermath of being wrongly accused of trolling.

Worlds smallest violin plays the worlds saddest song for this guy.

Just like always, your definition of a word is vastly different than everyone else's

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
I thought this thread was suppose to be about the White Sox and not grown men b****ing & moaning. The last 5 or so pages has been nothing but silly drama. Who the f*** cares!!

Lol, can't disagree with this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
Worlds smallest violin plays the worlds saddest song for this guy.

Just like always, your definition of a word is vastly different than everyone else's

I always read your s***ty replies and think, "Wow, I can't believe this guy is an admin".

Oh crap, I made a personal attack on your replies. Sound the troll alarms. *Ban forthcoming*

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
I always read your s***ty replies and think, "Wow, I can't believe this guy is an admin".

Oh crap, I made a personal attack on your replies. Sound the troll alarms. *Ban forthcoming*

Don't self-destruct, man...Ron Swanson dancing in a tiny hat is good s**t!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)

you didnt get banned.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:49 AM)
Name me one pitcher that you can abolutely guarantee will pitch 190 innings in 2013. You can't, therefore you have no point.

Danks will be fine, but no one on Soxtalk will say he'll throw 190 innings. Why did I get jumped on for saying I don't think he'll come back from the surgery as good of a pitcher as he was before?

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
Danks will be fine, but no one on Soxtalk will say he'll throw 190 innings. Why did I get jumped on for saying I don't think he'll come back from the surgery as good of a pitcher as he was before?

Saying Danks will not throw 190 innings is not the same as saying he wont come back as good as a pitcher as he was before. 190 innings would be quite an accomplishment from Danks coming off shoulder surgery, I certainly dont foresee him hitting that many innings this season. That doesnt mean I think he will be terrible, but I think 190 innings will be stretching it.

You got "jumped on" because you consistently say the worst things will happen with White Sox players.