Outrageous New Illinois traffic law

BridgeportHeather

I read in the Sun Times a couple weeks ago where Gov. Blagojavich has passed a law that will take effect January 1st, 2004. The law states that one cannot drive in the left lane. Instead, the left lane is to be used for passing purposes only. Anyone caught driving in the left lane after Jan. 1 will be assessed a $79 ticket.

Looks like rush hour traffic is gonna be even worse than it is now!

I read in the Sun Times a couple weeks ago where Gov. Blagojavich has passed a law that will take effect January 1st, 2004.  The law states that one cannot drive in the left lane.  Instead, the left lane is to be used for passing purposes only.  Anyone caught driving in the left lane after Jan. 1 will be assessed a $79 ticket.

On interstates that's how it is

I don't see why it would matter on highways. There's gonna be a ridiculous amount of passing

Equaling more accidents at some point

I read in the Sun Times a couple weeks ago where Gov. Blagojavich has passed a law that will take effect January 1st, 2004.  The law states that one cannot drive in the left lane.  Instead, the left lane is to be used for passing purposes only.  Anyone caught driving in the left lane after Jan. 1 will be assessed a $79 ticket.

It will be one of the most unenforceable laws ever. How will a cop prove that you were driving in the left lane and NOT passing someone? Are police cars going to follow you for miles on end? Thank god we don't have any bigger problems to worry about that our politicians can concern themselves with correct highway lane usage. Fix the DMV and clean up the scandals left by your predecessor, jackass.

I don't see why it would matter on highways. There's gonna be a ridiculous amount of passing

But this is gonna be enforced on highways now. Those streets are gonna be congested as hell.

But this is gonna be enforced on highways now. Those streets are gonna be congested as hell.

How in the heck can they enforce it..? Don't they have anything better to do..? :huh:

I hope they don't enforce it on the expressways that go through Chicago since at rush hour all lanes are filled and still going nowhere. Do they really think people are going to leave an entire lane empty and double the time it takes them to get home?! :fyou Gov. This guy hasn't been in office for that long and I can't stand him.

I might suggest that the governor did not pass any law -

the legislature passes things -

the governor would have signed it, but not passed it

as far as stupid laws in Illinois, well, there are many reasons that I left my native state for Michigan, My Michigan

Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble!

Now that we're quiet, maybe we'll look into the facts of the law instead of shooting at the hip and having e-hissy fits about it. ;)

I found this in one quick google search to the 2nd link that came up... http://www.danrutherford.com/PressReleases...1303release.htm

House Bill 1574 clarifies when it is appropriate to drive in the left lane. In addition to passing another vehicle, the proposed law would allow left lane driving in situations where no other vehicle is directly behind or when traffic or weather conditions make it necessary.

It's from the State Senator Dan Rutherford's office, who sponsored the left lane law. Now, can we quit with the rabble rabble talk when nobody even bothered to look up what they were b****ing about?

Now that we're quiet, maybe we'll look into the facts of the law instead of shooting at the hip and having e-hissy fits about it.  ;)

I found this in one quick google search to the 2nd link that came up... http://www.danrutherford.com/PressReleases...1303release.htm

It's from the State Senator Dan Rutherford's office, who sponsored the left lane law.  Now, can we quit with the rabble rabble talk when nobody even bothered to look up what they were b****ing about?

Regardless of what the specifics are in the aforementioned new law, I can't believe that politicians consider that anywhere near the top 100 list of things to fix in Illinois. As a taxpayer, I have no interest in seeing my tax dollars being used to regulate highway lane usage.

Now that we're quiet, maybe we'll look into the facts of the law instead of shooting at the hip and having e-hissy fits about it.  ;)

It's from the State Senator Dan Rutherford's office, who sponsored the left lane law.  Now, can we quit with the rabble rabble talk when nobody even bothered to look up what they were b****ing about?

Its a law they need BAD in Indiana. Stupid Hoosier drivers :angry:

:fyou  Gov.  This guy hasn't been in office for that long and I can't stand him.

Blago is Daley's puppet. Doesn't help that he's a political hack in way over his head without Clue 1. This guy has alienated almost all of his voting support in under a year. It took Ryan even longer to accomplish that. Don't forget that he has "changed" positions on many of the issues that won him election. Not to worry though. The State has financial problems but he's giving his wife millions to plant flowers on the Expressways.

I just wonder if that was his wife's idea or Daley's :huh: ?