Jim Demint resigns

StrangeSox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
$$$

I like how he implies he can better lead a conservative movement via a thinktank than as a leading Senator. Him and Evan Bayh should team up!

Well, we were told that you can't change things from the inside........

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I thought a special election was necessary. No? In that case, NVM.

A special election to fill the seat will happen in 2014, but until then the governor will be able to announce a replacement. Both of SC's Senate Seats will be up for a vote in 2014.

So yeah, this.

(here's the guy DeMint actually suggests should replace him).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
No,bmags was right

if it were JUST the money, he wouldn't be doing it NOW as opposed to two years ago, or in a few more years... it's not like that option hasn't been available for him and wouldn't be at the end of his term.

side note, why do republicans - those who preach personal responsibility - LOVE bailing from their terms as elected officials? guess they don't hold the responsibility of public office as highly as others...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
if it were JUST the money, he wouldn't be doing it NOW as opposed to two years ago, or in a few more years... it's not like that option hasn't been available for him and wouldn't be at the end of his term.

side note, why do republicans - those who preach personal responsibility - LOVE bailing from their terms as elected officials? guess they don't hold the responsibility of public office as highly as others...

Why do Democrats, especially ones that like to raise taxes and work for the Obama admin, LOVE to cheat on or forget to pay their taxes? Guess they don't hold the responsibility of paying taxes as highly as others...

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Why do Democrats, especially ones that like to raise taxes and work for the Obama admin, LOVE to cheat on or forget to pay their taxes? Guess they don't hold the responsibility of paying taxes as highly as others...

...... example? cuz I can think of Romney off the top of my head.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
There's a big difference between doing what the law allows vs. not. But of course, you can't see that.

Republicans don't get into government to commit crimes like that, they get in government to make those would-be crimes legal

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

Because there isn't much different between Dems and Reps in the real world. Of course the media only seems to report when it is a Dem who does that.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
Because there isn't much different between Dems and Reps in the real world. Of course the media only seems to report when it is a Dem who does that.

The first part I agree with...the second part...are you kidding me with this?

Any politician that does something like this eventually gets reported on for doing it, regardless of their party affiliation. The media merely has to catch wind of it, and I guarantee it gets reported.

Edit: This is why it's so hard to have political discussions on this forum with many of you -- it's like trying to have a discussion with a bunch of Ostriches that stick their heads in the sand after they make an obviously biased statement like this one. A statement that I'm positive they know is a total fabrication of reality, but they make it anyway, because it sounds good or something.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
Republicans don't get into government to commit crimes like that, they get in government to make those would-be crimes legal

Riiiighhht...because a Democrat would NEVER attempt to stuff hidden agendas, special laws, earmarks or pork into bills they introduce that nobody can decipher or anything...that's just an evil Republican thing!

I sincerely hope the lot of you are kidding with these statements...I really do.