AJ will not return to Sox

Big Hurt35

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Looks like he's heading to Texas.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Pierzynski, #Rangers closing in on one-year contract. Deal will be pending a physical, not yet done.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/281888421138534400

Welp lets find out what Flower's is made of. Either were going to have a hole or a good catcher for a while.

No word on the terms involved, but it's surprising that he wasn't able to get a multi-year deal after such a big season. Pierzynski would give the Rangers another left-handed bat and an ideal platoon partner for Geovany Soto. The soon-to-be 36-year-old batted .278/.326/.501 with 27 homers, 77 RBI and an .827 OPS this past season.

Per rotoworld

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
The White Sox must have really not wanted him back. I thought they would do a 1 year deal. Must be for like $8-$10 million.

They're hurting Flowers at this point by not giving him regular at bats. I think they like Flowers and feel like they're going to ruin him if they keep pushing his time off, and AJ will crater one of these years.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
The White Sox must have really not wanted him back. I thought they would do a 1 year deal. Must be for like $8-$10 million.

I thought it was around 4 mil, but I havent seen it yet. The Sox just simply wanted to move on and re-purpose that money.

Love how people are so happy to move on from him.

We have Tyler Flowers now as a starter. Tyler Flowers is an awful f***ing baseball player. Someone we all wanted cut at the ASB last year. Now he is the future. Great. The catcher hole is now almost bad as the 3B was.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
Love how people are so happy to move on from him.

We have Tyler Flowers now as a starter. Tyler Flowers is an awful f***ing baseball player. Someone we all wanted cut at the ASB last year. Now he is the future. Great.

seriously...

Damn, this really bummed me out. I've always loved AJP. The guy did whatever it took to win, and I loved that about him. I'm going to miss him most come the Cubs series next year. He was so good at pissing off Cubs' fans.. always made me smile to see how riled up they got over him.

That said, I hope this was an amicable split, and there are no hard feelings on either side.

Good luck AJ, just take it easy on us next year ;)