Hamiton signs with LAA

flavum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Clubs pursuing Mike Adams say he could sign in next couple of days. Among teams linked to him: Nats, Jays, Phillies, Rangers, Cubs, Brewers

Stark added this

2 teams to add to list of Mike Adams pursuers I posted earlier: White Sox & Angels.At this point clearly best FA setup man left

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
I don't know why anyone would negotiate with Hamilton as long as he was going to give Texas a chance to match the offer. It seems like you would be doing all the work for them.

That was my thought too. I just hope this gets resolved today, so the Mariners (or Rangers) can move on to Bourn...and after that the trade market can open up for the White Sox to do something.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
I don't know why anyone would negotiate with Hamilton as long as he was going to give Texas a chance to match the offer. It seems like you would be doing all the work for them.

I think that is more common that you think in situations where a person is happy where they are. Plenty of Sox players have done exactly that over the years... AJ did it two years ago, Buehrle did it last year, PK has done it in both of his last two contracts.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
It can raise the price for your division rival.

It can, but if they say no, you are paying someone more than their previous employer was willing to pay. I understand the whole concept, but for me, if he is willing to do that, and it's the Rangers not a team like the White Sox who actually operate on a budget, the only way you get the guy is with an overpay and even then, there's reason to believe Texas would match more offers than a team like the White Sox. If he's willing to give Texas the final say, he is admitting he would rather play for them than he would for you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

The Rangers have been told Hamilton is signing with the Angels, according to ESPNDallas.

The taking it back to the Rangers to match must have been BS or circumstances changed. Wow. No Greinke, no Upton, no Hamilton...............the Rangers have a bunch of money the can't get rid of.