Connecticut school shooting

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Im pretty sure that you wont be able to bring a gun into a school regardless.

I didnt mean school since I am 31 and dont take classes. But in general, like a mall or something. We are at the mercy of crazy armed people in those situations.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
Thats what I dont get, what was your point in shooting kids? Bullied? Lonely? Whatever. Those kids did NOTHING to you.

Worse...I believe one of the kids was the shooters own.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Once pandora's box is open, there is no going back.

Outside of metal detectors in every school, public building, etc, there is no real way to stop this type of crime. You can potentially limit the death count, but you cant stop it.

Even then it wouldn't be enough. "How hey old man security guard manning the metal detector. POP!" Well, there goes stopping the person at the front door.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
I didnt mean school since I am 31 and dont take classes. But in general, like a mall or something. We are at the mercy of crazy armed people in those situations.

As I said previously, unless you plan on installing metal detectors in every single public place, you are never going to stop this type of violence. And even once you have metal detectors, you will simply have criminals who figure out other ways to kill people.

If you are willing to kill yourself, you really just dont care. We are not talking about rational individuals who are trying to calculate whether they can get away with it or not.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
As I said previously, unless you plan on installing metal detectors in every single public place, you are never going to stop this type of violence. And even once you have metal detectors, you will simply have criminals who figure out other ways to kill people.

If you are willing to kill yourself, you really just dont care. We are not talking about rational individuals who are trying to calculate whether they can get away with it or not.

I still want to fight back, I dont want to cower in a corner, I want to unload a clip at that crazy motherf***er.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Even then it wouldn't be enough. "How hey old man security guard manning the metal detector. POP!" Well, there goes stopping the person at the front door.

Exactly, it would give advanced warning so maybe only a few people were killed as opposed to 27. Have you ever been to the Daley Center on the day where they show all the weapons they confiscated the previous year? Its pretty insane to see that people tried to get through metal detectors with half a dozen police around armed.

If they are willing to try it with those odds, nothing is really going to completely deter them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Exactly, it would give advanced warning so maybe only a few people were killed as opposed to 27. Have you ever been to the Daley Center on the day where they show all the weapons they confiscated the previous year? Its pretty insane to see that people tried to get through metal detectors with half a dozen police around armed.

If they are willing to try it with those odds, nothing is really going to completely deter them.

Yes, and its insane what people try to bring places including airplanes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
Thats what I dont get, what was your point in shooting kids? Bullied? Lonely? Whatever. Those kids did NOTHING to you.

reports are saying the guys' kid went to the school. probably some issue he had with the administrators or other parents.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
this is traumatizing 1000 miles away. I can't imagine how those involved move on. I hope they can find meaning in the rest of their lives, and those lives lost I hope they find peace in death.

You never move on.

The worst thing about being a parent is the constant worry about losing your child. And the worst thing that could ever happen to a parent is they outlive that child. The worst. I'd sooner die an endless amount of painful deaths than live to see my daughter die peacefully once.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
reports are saying the guys' kid went to the school. probably some issue he had with the administrators or other parents.

Wow, nothing other than mental illness can draw a line from that to shooting an entire classroom full of kids.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
Wow, nothing other than mental illness can draw a line from that to shooting an entire classroom full of kids.

Right, search for motive in this will not bare any fruit.