Connecticut school shooting

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
This

And you can never truly understand this until you're a parent...I know I didn't quite understand it until I *actually* loved something more than my selfish self.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
Can you imagine being a parent of a kid on lockdown just waiting to hear if they were one of the victims? f***ing horrible.

Nope, don't even have kids and I feel like puking from the thought.

I also can't imagine being the officer telling the parents, or the SWAT members finding the bodies. So many people are going to be affected by this.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Nope, don't even have kids and I feel like puking from the thought.

I also can't imagine being the officer telling the parents, or the SWAT members finding the bodies. So many people are going to be affected by this.

me either. I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it. My wife is a teacher and she is just incredibly upset.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
And you can never truly understand this until you're a parent...I know I didn't quite understand it until I *actually* loved something more than my selfish self.

My first child is due to be born any day now, I don't even know what to say or think about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
Have they said for sure if he had a kid in the school? That'd be a young parent.

No info yet, they said an entire classroom is unaccounted for, so there has to be a reason he went in there to kill. I wouldnt be surprised if it was either a custody issue or if another teacher was an ex of his.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Once pandora's box is open, there is no going back.

Outside of metal detectors in every school, public building, etc, there is no real way to stop this type of crime. You can potentially limit the death count, but you cant stop it.

Technically, you can- but the means of doing so are just as frightening. I think every time something like this happens we get a little closer to finding that out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
My first child is due to be born any day now, I don't even know what to say or think about it.

You'll know exactly what I mean the second you see and hear that child. At that point it will no longer be a love you can imagine...but a love you can actually feel. Congratulations, by the way, it's a big deal. At least you gave us a second to share a happy thought in the midst of this story. :/

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)

Things like this make me scared to every try to raise children. I know we can't live our life in fear, etc. But the world is a ridiculous place.

This is just so...I don't even know the word for it.

I'm sitting here watching it on TV, it's almost like this can't be real, can it? It's hard to actually comprehend this is real, this happened.

I know we argue about mindless stuff on end on here...but God bless all of you. None of that's important in the grand scheme of things.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Things like this make me scared to every try to raise children. I know we can't live our life in fear, etc. But the world is a ridiculous place.

I'm sitting here watching it on TV, it's almost like this can't be real, can it? It's hard to actually comprehend this is real, this happened.

I know we argue about mindless stuff on end on here...but God bless all of you. None of that's important in the grand scheme of things.

It puts things in perspective in a hurry, doesn't it?

he death toll is closer to 30 than 20, a federal law enforcement source in Washington told CNN's John King.

The source also said the suspected gunman, who is dead, had a connection to the school. He would not elaborate on that connection. The source is in touch with authorities on the scene.

update:

Most of those killed are children, the source said.
Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)

So, so, true.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
You've made me curious but I'm not going to click on that.

Same. I want to click it so bad, but no. I'd rather speak negatively of him here than make his Facebook page popular.