Connecticut school shooting

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Seems like the Westboro Baptist Church finally crossed the line. They plan to picket the children's funerals.

And now America is pissed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/l...H2d#thank-you=p

Sign this petition to have them legally recognized as a hate group.

I want those people tortured.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Did that "I am Adam Lanza's mother" blog post wind up in here? Can't remember if it was just here or a dozen times on my facebook feed.

Want the Truth Behind “I Am Adam Lanza’s Mother”? Read her blog.

I tend to agree with the folks in the comments and think her blog posts are being grossly misinterpreted and taken out of context.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2737934:date=Dec 16, 2012 -> 07:58 AM:name=Alpha Dog)-->
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 07:58 AM)
<!--quotec-->Is the answer to make them safer take away MY guns? Seriously, because some people are f*cked in the head, do you think the solution is to stop ME from having a gun? And Tex, your suicide story would have happened anyway. He didn't just decide to do it because he had access to a gun. That is a whole different bag of issue.

I'd like to hear your honest opinion on gun policy.

We all know this guy suffered from mental illness. Every single person that does one of these cowardly attacks is either sick or just plain stupid. Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to identify all these people and even if you did there's nothing you can do them to guarantee they won't do something crazy.

What we can control is their ability to kill people in large quantities as best we can. What purpose does an assault rifle serve other than making some hillbilly feel powerful? It's not used for sport and it's not used for self-defense unless China decides to invade at some point. It's intended to be a killing machine and should not be allowed for purchase in this country. I don't even understand how they were ever legal in the first place. Banning them would be a small and simple way to possibly limit the amount of deaths in an attack like we saw this week. Obviously such a ban doesn't truly guarantee anyone safety, but I see no benefit to this country by allowing its citizens to purchase assault rifles. Do you disagree on this?

I will bet there are more assault rifles in the city than there are in "hillbilly" country. It's amazing the sterotypes that come out.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Just read that. Oh my.

I looked at some of the accounts, most of them are deleting and apologizing. One of them jarred faul has gotten worse. A few deleted their accounts altogether

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Hell, I'm crying as Obama reads these names.

Heartbreaking. So sad.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
I want those people tortured.

They are sub-human people. So much is wrong about those scumbags.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
http://vimeo.com/55671721

Anonymous video aimed towards Westboro Baptist Church.

They've pissed everyone off in the past, but they've opened pandora's box this time.

Oh my. That was bone chilling.

I hope things don't escalate and we end up having an all out war amongst Americans.

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

www.godhatesf**s.com/ - 网页快照 - 翻译此页您已公开地对此项 +1。 撤消Web Site of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS. Pastor: Fred Phelps. God hates f**s. God hates f**-enablers. Therefore, God hates america and this...

Unsurprisingly, their website now seems to be down. Greg lives not so far from their church, Lawrence to Topeka is just a hop, skip and a jump.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)

www.godhatesf**s.com/ - 网页快照 - 翻译此页您已公开地对此项 +1。 撤消Web Site of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS. Pastor: Fred Phelps. God hates f**s. God hates f**-enablers. Therefore, God hates america and this...

Unsurprisingly, their website now seems to be down. Greg lives not so far from their church, Lawrence to Topeka is just a hop, skip and a jump.

The quidditch community is discussing possibly doing a tournament in Topeka as a protest of the WBC. We most likely won't though as it would only take one hot-head hitting a WBC bastard to make things really bad.

I'll just let Anonymous destroy them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
The quidditch community is discussing possibly doing a tournament in Topeka as a protest of the WBC. We most likely won't though as it would only take one hot-head hitting a WBC bastard to make things really bad.

I'll just let Anonymous destroy them.

You can just see another Ruby Ridge or Branch Davidians/David Koresh situation developing.

Seems they are itching for a confrontation, not unlike that Terry Jones guy in Florida with the Koran burnings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:23 AM)

Yeah, they are all sick assholes. One bad thing about them is they include children in their message of hate. They make their kids hold the "God Hates XXXXs" signs. They do another thing that also angers me.

Westboro announced they would picket the funerals of the precious little kids killed by the madman in Ct. Well, they are not a national organization. They are so unlikeable and despicable that they have no real national movement. So that means they'd have to drive or fly to Ct to picket and usually they don't go. So they get all this publicity which they want, when they can't even afford to fly there and do their thing. They say they are going to Naval funerals, etc., but most times don't show up. Now if they do show up for some reason, I can always hope somebody messes with them. Do a youtube search and you can see comedians f***ing with them, pretending they are wanting to have sex with them, etc. It pisses them off.

It's cool their Website has been messed with by Anonymous. I can't get on the site.

I hate that organization. Bunch of bastards.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:42 AM)
You can just see another Ruby Ridge or Branch Davidians/David Koresh situation developing.

Seems they are itching for a confrontation, not unlike that Terry Jones guy in Florida with the Koran burnings.

I think they are just a bunch of old, bitter Topekans. It's really just the one family and a batch of relatives. They don't have much of a following. I think they are fleas, pests.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 12:48 AM)
Yeah, they are all sick assholes. One bad thing about them is they include children in their message of hate. They make their kids hold the God Hates XXXXs" signs. They also do something that also angers me. Westboro announced they would picket the funerals of the precious little kids killed by the madman in Ct. Well, they are not a national organization. They are so unlikeable and despicable that they have no real national movement. So that means they'd have to drive or fly to Ct to picket and usually they don't go. So they get the publicity when they can't afford to fly there and do their thing. Now if they do show up, I can always hope somebody messes with them. It's cool their Website has been messed with by Anonymous. I can't get on it.

I hate that organization. Bunch of bastards.

Definitely where the line between free speech and hate crime/action becomes very blurry.

Somehow, I have a hard time imagining the Founding Fathers wanting to protect a CHURCH that presents such vitriolic beliefs as their cornerstone.

And you detest the idea of witnessing all those impressionable young kids mixed up in something that's coming exclusively from their parents and grandparents. Seeing all the cemetery crosses at the Branch Davidian compound (in Waco, TX), it reminds you of the human cost in childrens' lives often lost in that type of "cult/sect" situation.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/04/14/waco....vers/index.html

Thankfully, what mitigates against a recurrence is that nobody believes Fred Phelps is God, except perhaps Fred Phelps himself.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't want to "rate" Obama's speech tonight. It's not about him looking good or bad. I thank him for being a good leader tonight and speaking to me (us). Some people may crack jokes about the tragedy or be numb since we have so many tragedies, but I thought Obama helped ease the pain.

I couldn't help but look at all the little kids at Mass tonight with their parents and just couldn't help but picture them sitting in a classroom and some lunatic prick executing them.

Obama said "are we doing enough to protect the children?" He said obviously not "so we have to change."

We'll see what he has in mind but tonight, thank u Mr. President.