Connecticut school shooting

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a lockdown situation in my high school about 6 years ago now and it was pretty crazy. No one was harmed but someone brought 6 guns to school. Intentions were unclear but rumor was always that he was trying to use them as currency. This is what we all fear when stuff like that happens

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
I was in a lockdown situation in my high school about 6 years ago now and it was pretty crazy. No one was harmed but someone brought 6 guns to school. Intentions were unclear but rumor was always that he was trying to use them as currency. This is what we all fear when stuff like that happens

I was in a lockdown and the gun was fake...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
Thats crazy. I never even thought about that when I was in school.

Lockdown happened almost first thing in the morning. We all knew it wasn't a drill from the fear in the PA woman's voice. But yeah, two hours later, we got the all clear, officers checked everyone. I was lucky, as my classroom was one of the first rooms checked and we got to hang out the rest of the day doing nothing. There were some people who had to stay in a dark classroom for almost the whole day without the ability to go to the bathroom. The good thing is that nothing actually happened.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
31 fatal U.S. school shootings since Columbine. School shootings in every other country in the world combined since that time: 14.

China constantly has school stabbings, not shootings. In fact, one happened yesterday I believe. A mentally deranged man went up to a school and just stabbed 20+ kids outside. Of course, a knife is a much less efficient killing tool as a gun, so the death toll was minimal.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)

About 5 or 6 years ago, we had a lock down due to a possible person with a gun in the area. This probably wasnt too bright at the time, but we had staff positioned at each door (hidden if possible) to defend the school and students. Probably wasnt the brightest idea, but we we're not letting someone into the building with a gun.

I was armed with a microphone stand with a very heavy metal base.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
China constantly has school stabbings, not shootings. In fact, one happened yesterday I believe. A mentally deranged man went up to a school and just stabbed 20+ kids outside. Of course, a knife is a much less efficient killing tool as a gun, so the death toll was minimal.

Yeah, I believe 0 deaths actually

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Yeah, I believe 0 deaths actually

But it could have been the exact same death toll if the person used a blade a little larger, without a gun. The guy still had the time to stab 20 individual children.