Time to revisit the 2nd Amendment?

BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Stolen from the Daily Dish:

he has a point. we have "no fly" lists for people that match a terrorist profile. we need to have a similar program to combat these left wing extremists that keep going on these mass shootings.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
he has a point. we have "no fly" lists for people that match a terrorist profile. we need to have a similar program to combat these left wing extremists that keep going on these mass shootings.

Please go flush your head in a toilet as you add no value to any discussion ever. Your act is as old as Bea Arthur's schlong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Please go flush your head in a toilet as you add no value to any discussion ever. Your act is as old as Bea Arthur's schlong.

it's actually the sensible solution compared to your magical ban on hunting rifles and super duper magical removal of all firing instruments form the planet.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)

I still doubt that they are left-wing, let alone any-wing. They're off their rocker.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
it's actually the sensible solution compared to your magical ban on hunting rifles and super duper magical removal of all firing instruments form the planet.

All weapons in circulation should be required to be retrofitted with the biometrics of the person who has a license for them. ANY sales of weapons should require a license and should only be for personal use. Non-compliance is an automatic felony.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
All weapons in circulation should be required to be retrofitted with the biometrics of the person who has a license for them.

that just doesn't seem practical. how would you get a hold of every gun in circulation?

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
All weapons in circulation should be required to be retrofitted with the biometrics of the person who has a license for them. ANY sales of weapons should require a license and should only be for personal use. Non-compliance is an automatic felony.

This.

Plus I'd propose extremely high sales tax on both weapons and ammo.

Dealers should be responsible for selling to criminals. Tracking back a weapon used in a crime from someone with a criminal record should give the associated gun dealer a felony and a minimum of 5 years plus their business license taken away permanently. Right now the tracking of guns from manufacturer to end consumer is ridiculously awful.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
Dealers should be responsible for selling to criminals. Tracking back a weapon used in a crime from someone with a criminal record should give the associated gun dealer a felony and a minimum of 5 years plus their business license taken away permanently. Right now the tracking of guns from manufacturer to end consumer is ridiculously awful.

so someone buys a hunting rifle from Walmart, the rifle gets stolen by a criminal, and criminal shoots someone. who goes to jail? obviously not the shooter because it's the guns fault. but who at Warlmart goes to jail? CEO? Sales Clerk?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
so someone buys a hunting rifle from Walmart, the rifle gets stolen by a criminal, and criminal shoots someone. who goes to jail? obviously not the shooter because it's the guns fault. but who at Warlmart goes to jail? CEO? Sales Clerk?

You report a stolen rifle to the police. Yes, I know this is rocket science.

EDIT: In this gun tracking database that I'm proposing, you get a gun(s) stolen on more than one occasion you're flagged in teh system and not allowed to buy one ever again. As a dealer, you have a certain number of guns missing and you lose your license permanently.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)

Criminal can't use it because it's not biometrically set for him to able to use it.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
most criminals steal guns or buy them from straw buyers. what you are suggesting doesn't fix anything.

Guns will become closer regulated. People who are legal gun owners won't get punished and it makes illegal purchases even more severe.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
most criminals steal guns or buy them from straw buyers. what you are suggesting doesn't fix anything.

See my edited post above. You get in the habit of getting your gun stolen you no longer are allowed to buy one. Same goes for dealers. You lose, or have a certain amount of guns stolen and you're done selling guns.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Guns will become closer regulated. People who are legal gun owners won't get punished and it makes illegal purchases even more severe.

i guess that goes back to 'gun shows' and free for all gun buying with no checks.

still, that wouldn't have stopped the shooting in question. i guess the guy took his moms hunting rifle and use that to kill. it's likely that his mom legally bought the gun.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
i guess that goes back to 'gun shows' and free for all gun buying with no checks. still, that wouldn't have stopped the shooting in question. i guess the guy took his moms hunter rifle and use that to kill. it's likely that she could legally buy a gun.

I propose that goes away completely.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
i guess that goes back to 'gun shows' and free for all gun buying with no checks. still, that wouldn't have stopped the shooting in question. i guess the guy took his moms hunter rifle and use that to kill. it's likely that she could legally buy a gun.

His mom's rifle woudn't have been usable for him. Only she would have been able to use it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
His mom's rifle woudn't have been usable for him. Only she would have been able to use it.

but what if it's an old gun that hasn't been collected and set with a biometric id? i don't see how you can get all those guns rounded up.

but i'm not against what you are saying and it would help with all purchases going forward so its a win.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
but what if it's an old gun that hasn't been collected and set with a biometric id? i don't see how you can get all those guns rounded up.

but i'm not against what you are saying and it would help with all purchases going forward so its a win.

If it wasn't rounded up, it would be considered unlicensed and illegal. Mom would be a felon.