Time to revisit the 2nd Amendment?

BigSqwert

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 03:49 PM)
oh so you're in a typical "early 20's white dude" libertarian phase, cool

hahaha this is so true. I have a number of them whose ridiculous Libertarian freedom memes pollute my news feed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
hahaha this is so true. I have a number of them whose ridiculous Libertarian freedom memes pollute my news feed.

It's actually been fun watching the couple of legit libertarians I knew in college become: a couple tea-partiers, a hippy, and a democrat-leaning policy wonk who keeps trying to tell himself he's not a democrat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
It's actually been fun watching the couple of legit libertarians I knew in college become: a couple tea-partiers, a hippy, and a democrat-leaning policy wonk who keeps trying to tell himself he's not a democrat.

I was told I wasted my vote by not voting for Gary Johnson because if he got 5% something would have happened.

It's just funny because my friends who started the student organization "Tigers Against Partisan Politics" are all Libertarians...which is still a party.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
I was told I wasted my vote by not voting for Gary Johnson because if he got 5% something would have happened.

It's just funny because my friends who started the student organization "Tigers Against Partisan Politics" are all Libertarians...which is still a party.

LSU Tigers? Or something funny involving "Tapp"?

(CNN) -- A shooting at a New Year's Eve fireworks show in Sacramento, California, where thousands had gathered, killed two people and wounded at least three others, police said.

The shots rang out in Old Sacramento, when a fight at a sports bar spilled out into the street, police said.

Some 40,000 people, including families with young children, had gathered for the 9 p.m. fireworks show, CNN affiliate KOVR reported. Witnesses reported hearing the shots and running for cover.

Police canceled the next fireworks show, which was scheduled for midnight.

Police have not released information on arrests. Witnesses who spoke to KOVR said they saw a man being taken into custody.

"They had one person in an ambulance and one person in a cop car," a woman told the station.

"I saw the gun in the hand. He was just screaming and shooting," said another.

A helicopter flew over announcing the cancellation, and authorities responded with mounted police, squad cars and fire trucks to block off the crime scene, according to KOVR.

The wounded were taken to nearby hospitals, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/01/us/californi...ting/index.html

And another instance of a fight turning to guns, like the Little Caesar's.

If I could I would make a new post every time our government, who you obviously find so wonderful and benevolent as to give them total control over our lives, kills someone. Its too bad though that there would be no way I could keep up, someone was probably murdered at the hands of the US government in the time it took me to write this post.

So, SS's and BS's arguments have dwindled down to constant sarcastic calls for "more guns".

We get it guys. We got last week. We got it the week before that. We got the month before that. We got the year before that. Just like you're both getting this, right now.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)
You may want to tell the most prominent gun advocate interest group and their supporters how silly that argument is since they're still making it.

They're not here, saying the same things over and over to a limited audience, or I would have. :P

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
You may want to tell the most prominent gun advocate interest group and their supporters how silly that argument is since they're still making it.

The problem of course is, they're winning. They're going to get more guns in schools and on the streets out of this.

Sitting here angrily watching the body count pile up until the next massacre happens and we wonder how in the world the next guy got his hands on an assault rifle seems like a reasonable reaction.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)
The problem of course is, they're winning. They're going to get more guns in schools and on the streets out of this.

Sitting here angrily watching the body count pile up until the next massacre happens and we wonder how in the world the next guy got his hands on an assault rifle seems like a reasonable reaction.

Assault rifles aren't necessary to do the damage that was done...being that he didn't even have an assault rifle. At best definition, it could be called an "assault weapon". Only full automatic/burst capable weaponry officially makes the definition of AR.

Blah blah blah...point is, AR's aren't necessary to do what was done. So people need to stop leaning on this AR bulls*** like it matters. It doesn't.

Assault rifles aren't necessary to do the damage that was done...being that he didn't even have an assault rifle. At best definition, it could be called an "assault weapon". Only full automatic/burst capable weaponry officially makes the definition of AR.

Blah blah blah...point is, AR's aren't necessary to do what was done. So people need to stop leaning on this AR bulls*** like it matters. It doesn't.

Nah, the AR-15 is semi-automatic. If it were full-auto it'd be the M16, which we all know so well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)

Bulls***! You can keep spewing this nonsense out, but everyone needs to know it's utter and complete bulls***. The gun crazies are going to lose ground in the next 6 months or a year. There will be new legislation with new restrictions. It won't be anywhere near what you want (no guns) but it's not somehow going to go the other way and become the wild west.

BTW, 6 people already killed this year in Chicago (two days for those doing the math). With a ban on handguns on the books for years, and already having laws against straw purchases, please again explain to me how any more restrictions are going to stop criminals from committing criminal acts.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Nah, the AR-15 is semi-automatic. If it were full-auto it'd be the M16, which we all know so well.

The AR-15 isn't an assault rifle. It's an "assault weapon" when reaching for definition.

AR, in AR-15 does not stand for Assault Rifle like people seem to think, it stands for ArmaLite, the original maker of the weapon.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
BTW, 6 people already killed this year in Chicago (two days for those doing the math). With a ban on handguns on the books for years, and already having laws against straw purchases, please again explain to me how any more restrictions are going to stop criminals from committing criminal acts.

I know right! It's like no one has even commented on this one single time in this entire thread!

My girlfriend got mugged at gunpoint this past weekend. As long as these damn criminals have them, law abiding citizens should have them as well. If the police had an overwhelming force, then you may have a point but as far as I know the CPD are well understaffed so I think people should take definitely invest in their protection and cops should give people some leeway if they do gun down these miserable waste of lives.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
My girlfriend got mugged at gunpoint this past weekend. As long as these damn criminals have them, law abiding citizens should have them as well. If the police had an overwhelming force, then you may have a point but as far as I know the CPD are well understaffed so I think people should take definitely invest in their protection and cops should give people some leeway if they do gun down these miserable waste of lives.

if your girlfriend had had a gun, she'd probably be dead today.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
if your girlfriend had had a gun, she'd probably be dead today.

Perhaps but that punk ass b**** could've just shot her anyway. This was a real wake up call for her though she needs to pay attention to her surroundings even in the nicest of Chicago neighborhoods because these goddamn hoodlums are coming from their rat infested holes and preying on people.

I'm always packing something, I don't care what neighborhood it is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Bulls***! You can keep spewing this nonsense out, but everyone needs to know it's utter and complete bulls***. The gun crazies are going to lose ground in the next 6 months or a year. There will be new legislation with new restrictions. It won't be anywhere near what you want (no guns) but it's not somehow going to go the other way and become the wild west.

Who is going to pass this new legislation?

The Republican House? Ha. Funny. They might pass a bill allowing the FBI to track gun purchases used in crimes as long as the bill also makes gun ownership mandatory for everyone over 6 and bans safety switches on guns.

The States might try...but they're literally hamstrung. The places that want stronger gun legislation can't really do anything because they can't get the help of the Feds even in monitoring dealers and they can't ban this type of rifle on their own. Meanwhile, the states and cities that do have strong gun laws continue to have them dismantled by the courts (see: concealed carry in Illinois). And there is plenty more that can and will be struck down, maybe not tomorrow, but over the next few years.

The states that don't have strong gun regulation aren't going to create them because of this incident. We already see what is happening instead, Tennessee and Arizona are happy to lead the way in arming teachers and having Sheriff Arpaio's insane clown posse taking up positions in schools.

And on top of that, those 20 dead kids have been the best marketing incident the Bushmaster rifle could ever ask for. We just had a gun show here in knoxville, and those style of guns were going for 4x the price that they were going for before this rampage. Background checks all over the coutnry skyrocketed after this killing, because people wanted to stock up. So, we're going to watch now as even more of these things wind up on the streets and in the hands of people who are capable of such acts.

So yeah. More guns. No new laws. And the crazy states will lead the way in coming up with new idiotic places to put guns.