Time to revisit the 2nd Amendment?

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
Definitely not new here...as I expect this to happen a few times over the course of an argument, and actually use it quite often myself -- but after you've used it about 50 times in a row -- it's time to admit you have nothing left to add to the conversation and to stop clicking reply.

oh come on, it's only been the last two pages. everyone else gets to be snarky and flippant now and again but I don't? please.

it's better than another all out RAGE from Duke every 10 minutes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
So if were not going to eliminate gun violence, and we've given up on that goal, what's the point of even taking them away? What's that often cited average gun deaths in the USA? 11k? At best where are we going to get that number in our lifetimes no matter what we do, maybe cut it in half? Even that sounds a bit delusional.

So yea, we cede our 2nd amendment right (one of the most critical rights anyone can have) to watch 5.5 thousand people a year get killed from heart disease instead of gun violence because that makes us feel better about ourselves.

Why is a right written into the constitution before the train was invented "one of the most critical rights anyone can have"?

The point is to reduce gun violence. We don't enact laws against murder because we believe they'll actually eliminate murder.

Reread my post. See the part where I talk about the wild hypothetical where gun deaths are cut in half.

btw- Guns are about to banned in Illinois. Because I dont know, its crazy, the Supreme Court I thought just ruled against this bulls***.

The government isn't afraid of you and never has been. They stamped out a rebellion in the 18th century only a few years after "the government" existed.

Waco, Ruby Ridge, the Civil f***ing War... the government has been viewing armed Americans as a threat since day 1. It worries them, which is a good thing.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
Might as well watch the Walking Dead as a justification for owning a gun. You should stop posting.

nothing about what i'm posting is any more ridiculous than what you're posting.

you're talking wacko conspiracy theories, and the reality is this: if the government wants you dead, you'll be dead. no matter WHAT weapons you own.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
Waco, Ruby Ridge, the Civil f***ing War... the government has been viewing armed Americans as a threat since day 1. It worries them, which is a good thing.

A see a whole bunch of dead people killed by the Federal government in that list.

If your defense of the 2nd is that it enabled a war fought to secure the institution of slavery, lol.

nothing about what i'm posting is any more ridiculous than what you're posting.

you're talking wacko conspiracy theories, and the reality is this: if the government wants you dead, you'll be dead. no matter WHAT weapons you own.

And somehow I get the feeling you're OK with that.

I really am not going to say much more than that, we all know where this leads.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
And somehow I get the feeling you're OK with that.

I really am not going to say much more than that, we all know where this leads.

lol I'm ok with it because there's NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!

haha what do you suggest sir?

A see a whole bunch of dead people killed by the Federal government in that list.

If your defense of the 2nd is that it enabled a war fought to secure the institution of slavery, lol.

UH OH HE BROUGHT UP SLAVERY, I MUST BE WRONG. The Nazi's took guns away in the 30's, then went on the slaughter the Jews. Sorry dude, but the Holocaust in the caboose on the liberal pity train, you cannot top that one.

And yea, the whole point is the Federal Government is scared of people with guns. They dont like dealing with it, it makes them uneasy. Listen to Darth Feinstein, Dick Durbin or Obongo talk about guns... its like a 6 year old talking about the boogeyman.

You know what, keep worshipping the state. If that's what makes you feel better about your dim views then go right ahead. See where it gets you when you give them a sole monopoly on the use of force and they turn around and f*** you harder than you thought possible.

You talk about them like they're God. Like they chose who lives and dies and who gets what; like we have no control over our own lives becuase why would we? That's what the government is for. Its pathetic, but its right in line with your wimpy views on providing mental health and feeding welfare $$$ into the south side warzones. I can only imagine what it would be like if any of you actually had to resist something or display any token amount of personal responsibility. Unprincipled losers, it pisses me off just thinking about you.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
You know what, keep worshipping the state. If that's what makes you feel better about your dim views then go right ahead. See where it gets you when you give them a sole monopoly on the use of force and they turn around and f*** you harder than you thought possible.

You talk about them like they're God. Like they chose who lives and dies and who gets what; like we have no control over our own lives becuase why would we? That's what the government is for. Its pathetic, but its right in line with your wimpy views on providing mental health and feeding welfare $$$ into the south side warzones. I can only imagine what it would be like if any of you actually had to resist something or display any token amount of personal responsibility. Unprincipled losers, it pisses me off just thinking about you.

1) none of this is true

2) i don't believe in God

3) Seriously guys? I get flamed for making jokes but this guy says stuff like THIS and we're like "yeah ok that's cool"

hilarious.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
UH OH HE BROUGHT UP SLAVERY, I MUST BE WRONG. The Nazi's took guns away in the 30's, then went on the slaughter the Jews. Sorry dude, but the Holocaust in the caboose on the liberal pity train, you cannot top that one.

The Nazis also built the first real interstate-style highway system. Clearly, they are just another part of the plot!

On the other hand, I haven't seen any genocides in Australia, the UK, Canada, Japan, Mexico etc. since they've enacted gun control legislation or gun bans.

1) none of this is true

2) i don't believe in God

3) Seriously guys? I get flamed for making jokes but this guy says stuff like THIS and we're like "yeah ok that's cool"

hilarious.

Yes you do, I mean I'm reading it right now. The State = God.

Were all powerless to stop it and instead of resisting it we should accept it into our lives. Its f***ing religion dude, stop deluding yourself.

The Nazis also built the first real interstate-style highway system. Clearly, they are just another part of the plot!

On the other hand, I haven't seen any genocides in Australia, the UK, Canada, Japan, Mexico etc. since they've enacted gun control legislation or gun bans.

What's going on in Mexico isn't genocide, but its pretty violent either way. Japan banned guns before they went on a warpath across East Asia slaughtering everything in sight.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)

The only countries in this world are the US and Nazi Germany.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Yes you do, I mean I'm reading it right now. The State = God.

Were all powerless to stop it and instead of resisting it we should accept it into our lives. Its f***ing religion dude, stop deluding yourself.

You're acting as if it's a given that the government wants to kill us... which... ya know... aside from the Republicans scrapping the Sandy bill, is not the case.

You're funny.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)

"a troll should not act more angry and unhinged than the response he hopes to provoke." -trolling grandmaster kong fuzi