Fiscal Cliff Discussion

Jake

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
Do they pay the same percentage in taxes?

No, because they have no money. To get those benefits, of course, most of them paid taxes their entire working lives.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun watching a complete meltdown of Republican leadership this evening. How quickly can they/will they replace Boehner?

Would replacing him even help us avert the cliff?

At this point the Dems need to try to pick off about 25 Republicans and jam this f***er through.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
It was fun watching a complete meltdown of Republican leadership this evening. How quickly can they/will they replace Boehner?

Would replacing him even help us avert the cliff?

At this point the Dems need to try to pick off about 25 Republicans and jam this f***er through.

Yea. Just like health care. Jam everything up our ass!! YEA! Move to Europe if you don't like this country.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Yea. Just like health care. Jam everything up our ass!! YEA! Move to Europe if you don't like this country.

lol

Do you prefer the "cliff?" It would be very effective deficit reduction.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
No, because they have no money. To get those benefits, of course, most of them paid taxes their entire working lives.

Sorry, that's what I meant. If they paid they should get their money. However, if they pass one of the versions of the state pension reform, I will not get a COLA at all.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
At this point, it's just about better then any alternative any of these dumbs***s can come up with.

Does it bother you that the cliff is projected to send us into another recession while a more lateral movement will likely maintain growth?

Not trolling, just trying to see what you think.

At this point, it's just about better then any alternative any of these dumbs***s can come up with.

It'll be another recession, so that'll suck.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
It may be better than having to make deals with the creditors of our (their) country.

Our interest rates are incredibly low and actually negative in npv for 10 year bonds. Bond holders are effectively paying the Treasury to lend them money.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Yea. Just like health care. Jam everything up our ass!! YEA!

And both sides are to blame. I do believe the most vocal "no compromise" segment is the Tea Party. I hope they stick to their principles and hold out.

:headbang 12/20/2012 Kap and I agreed in the 'buster for the second time in a month. f***, those Mayans may have been right.

I think Boehner may be coming around to the idea of putting a compromise bill up for a vote. You can pass a bill via any majority, not just 100 percent of the majority party. Once we go over the cliff, he loses more leverage and gets closer to losing his job.

For a compromise to work in the best interest of our country, it probably will not be one that either party can call a win. It would be so nice, that instead of headlines saying someone caved in, lost, etc. that we applauded their meager efforts to find a compromise.

The one thing that people don't realize is that 2012 taxes are going to MAJORLY go up for about 50 million people. There's going to be some pissed off people who have an AMT hit all the way down to about $65,000 AGI. So much for not hitting the "middle class". Notice NO ONE is talking about this...

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
The one thing that people don't realize is that 2012 taxes are going to MAJORLY go up for about 50 million people. There's going to be some pissed off people who have an AMT hit all the way down to about $65,000 AGI. So much for not hitting the "middle class". Notice NO ONE is talking about this...

Of course not.

This is a good thing. You can use the money for upper income tax cuts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
Of course not.

This is a good thing. You can use the money for upper income tax cuts.

Whatever dude. It's not a cut if it stays the same. Quit lying... oh wait, Barackus Droids don't realize that it's all been a big lie from the beginning anyway.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)

I heard rush talking about that or maybe some other GOP boob on 890 AM a few weeks ago.

I don't try to listen to it, btw, its on at work. :/

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
Whatever dude. It's not a cut if it stays the same. Quit lying... oh wait, Barackus Droids don't realize that it's all been a big lie from the beginning anyway.

Are you saying staying at the same level as before the Bush cuts or after the Bush era cuts?

And speaking of Barakus Droids, is that a new phrase that "Dittoheads" are suppose to use or something you made up?