SoxFest '13

My_Sox_Summer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare for LOTS of lines.

One item per player per day.

It's a wristband system, so you need to be at Stage X at a certain time to get player Y's wristband.

Guys like Konerko only sign once, even though they are there the whole weekend.

The Sox/Chicago Sports Depot will have stuff for sale, as well as independent sellers. PLENTY of pictures/cards/balls/bats as well as the holders for them. Some dealers will also have autographed stuff for sale.

The hotel deal is...ok. Expensive, but there are some perks. The Premium VIP upgrade is pricey, but there are a lot of perks with it. If you're going for the first time, I recommend you just buy the 2 day pass through ticketmaster.

There are also a lot of free crap handed out, but you gotta know where to look. The Sox twitter account (@whitesox) will have offers and giveaways, and I suspect Night Train Veeck ( @veeckasinwreck) will as well.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
I recommend you just buy the 2 day pass through ticketmaster.

I just checked ticketbastard and they don't have any Soxfest tickets for sale. I wanted to take my 12yo daughter one day, but I'm not paying that much for a hotel stay etc.

Edited by SAVVY18

Once they release the actual signing schedule, I normally put together a spreadsheet mapping out times and players.

With only being able to have one wristband at a time, you will have to make some concessions. With certain players/former players getting more attention than most, you will probably have to sacrifice other autographs. I know that last year Robin Ventura's line filled up super quick but he didn't actually sign until late afternoon. The same happened with Crede.

I also wouldn't disregard the seminars. Last year there was one with players from the '05 team. It was an absolute blast. I wouldn't have thought that Cliff Politte would have been so funny.

QUOTE (TheBigHurtShallRiseAgain @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
Once they release the actual signing schedule, I normally put together a spreadsheet mapping out times and players.

With only being able to have one wristband at a time, you will have to make some concessions. With certain players/former players getting more attention than most, you will probably have to sacrifice other autographs. I know that last year Robin Ventura's line filled up super quick but he didn't actually sign until late afternoon. The same happened with Crede.

I also wouldn't disregard the seminars. Last year there was one with players from the '05 team. It was an absolute blast. I wouldn't have thought that Cliff Politte would have been so funny.

The seminars and Q&A sessions are my favorite part of Soxfest.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/

One-time White Sox manager Tony La Russa will take part in SoxFest next month, a first for the organization where La Russa started his managerial career in 1979.

La Russa retired after the 2011 season when he led the St. Louis Cardinals to the World Series title. He managed the Sox from 1979 to 1986.

SoxFest will be held Jan 25 to 27 at the Palmer House Hilton and will include a number of the team's current players, including Adam Dunn, Tyler Flowers, Gavin Floyd, Paul Konerko, Alexei Ramirez, Addison Reed, Chris Sale and Dayan Viciedo.

Manager Robin Ventura, assistant hitting coach Harold Baines, new first base coach Daryl Boston and new bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen also will attend.

Among the former players scheduled to attend are Ron Kittle, Greg Luzinski and Tom Paciorek, also a former Sox broadcaster; Carlos May, Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye, Aaron Rowand, Jack McDowell and Frank Thomas. Broadcasters Ken Harrelson, Steve Stone, Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson also will attend.

Information on SoxFest is available at www.whitesox.com/SoxFest

went last year with my wife. first time in a long time. Was worried about running out of wristbands with Chris Sale and John Danks signing at the same time. I grabbed Sale and she grabbed Danks. Got in the Sale line early, probably first 30 or so. Once he signed, we booked to the next floor for Danks. By the time we got there, they still hadn't given out all of the Danks wristbands (and this was shortly after his big contract extension) so I was able to grab a Danks one too. So we ended up with a co-signed Danks/Sale ball and a Danks signed event pass. Gotta say, both Sale and Danks were friendly and nice. Chit chatting, smiling, having a good time. Was awesome to see.

I also thought the White Sox garage sale items were pretty cool. Got a game used lineup card (Sox vs Yanks) and replica World Series tickets for $50 total. Some stuff is insane though, price wise. A game used Mark Teahan jersey, $500 or some crazy number.

Only attended one session, which was the coaches session. Hearing "Bob from Berwyn" busting Robin's balls about some players a year before not hustling down the line on ground balls was enough for me. Lasted about 15 mins.

If you're bringing little kids, check out the family section. All sorts of games and activites sponsored by GM, Comcast, etc with the typical White Sox co-sponsored giveaways. (foam balls, t-shirts, temp tattoos, etc)

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,6522355.story

Peavy added to SoxFest, Dunn scratched

By Mark Gonzales Tribune reporter

10:20 a.m. CST, January 15, 2013

Pitchers Jake Peavy, Nate Jones and Hector Santiago were added to the list of players who will attend SoxFest on Jan. 25-27 at the Palmer House Hilton.

Slugger Adam Dunn no longer will attend because of a family obligation.

Peavy, Jones and Santiago join teammates John Danks, Tyler Flowers, Gavin Floyd, Paul Konerko, Alexei Ramirez, Addison Reed, Chris Sale, Matt Thornton and Dayan Viciedo, along with manager Robin Ventura and new coaches Daryl Boston and Bobby Thigpen.

Two-night hotel reservations and weekend passes to the event remain available. More information can be obtained at the team's website or at the SoxFest hotline at (312) 609-1915.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca

#WhiteSox reunite "Winning Ugly" team 30 years later at upcoming SoxFest. La Russa, Baines, Kittle, Luzinski & Paciorek scheduled to attend.

That will be a fun session to be at.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
Fisk & LaRussa could have an endurance road race. First one to fall asleep loses!

Dybzinski, if he's brave enough to show up around these parts yet, could leave early but he'd probably get caught. :crying