SoxFest '13

My_Sox_Summer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TomSeaverFan @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:10 AM)
Carlos May? Can somebody get me his autograph? That is so cool he'll be there.

Joking or serious? That guy is everywhere, whether it be Soxfest or your local baseball camp. I swear I have like 20 of his autographs by now.

Anyways, missing out on Soxfest again this year. It has flat out sucked ever since they moved locations.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
Hahn was on 670 earlier this morning and said they may have a move to announce later today. It could be Lindstrom, although that seems like bit of a cop-out, since the move reported a few days ago. I'm thinking they might have bench guy they're getting close to landing.

I think its Lindstrom because they haven't been able to announce it yet. Hahn was on CSN the other day and noted Iguchi was acquired after Soxfest, and Thornton and Marte were spring training pick ups. Despite what several panicked posters have posted, he knows there are holes and will continue to try to fill them. I have no idea if he will be a good GM or not, but it is really unfair for anyone to take shots at him now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
I think its Lindstrom because they haven't been able to announce it yet. Hahn was on CSN the other day and noted Iguchi was acquired after Soxfest, and Thornton and Marte were spring training pick ups. Despite what several panicked posters have posted, he knows there are holes and will continue to try to fill them. I have no idea if he will be a good GM or not, but it is really unfair for anyone to take shots at him now.

Are you sure he didn't take an immediate 6 week vacation after the Winter Meetings?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)

He did make it sound like there were a couple things in the works. I just don't think officially announcing a signing that was reported like 4 days ago is going to drive a lot of excitement at SoxFest. Then again, neither will a minor bench move.

One other thing of interest from his interview was him not committing to Keppinger being the opening day 3B. Said they could still add/move some pieces that could open a spot for Keppinger elsewhere. Also said they could add left-named bat to split time with him at 3B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
Heard the end of the interview, and it definitely sounded like Hahn was trying to bring in a lefty hitting 3B.

I wonder who it could be, if that were the case? Would it have to be via trade, or are there any free agents left out there?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
Doubtful, he's a huge fan favorite there.

I figured. He's from Pittsburgh, and he's the son of Tom Walker, the guy from Homeland...wait, that doesn't seem right.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff