SoxFest '13

My_Sox_Summer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really pay to much attention to anything said at these things. It's always positive and that player X is definitely gonna rebound; player Y is fully healthy now and that's why he struggled last year; and player Z has looked great in the cage or the field.

We all know that Hahn is just spewing stuff to make the fans happy and to give positive encouragement to the players. Honestly, I am not sure it's worth to even read Hahn's comments as they will tell you nothing.

My take is different. I'll never have a problem with the GM as long as he holds himself accountable and has a reason for what's he's doing. I heard Hahn talk about that this morning, and I was fine with it. It makes sense to me. Viciedo hit 26 HRs last year in his first full year. Whether he improves or not is yet to be determined, but the Sox would be pulling the rug out from under him by not at least giving him the chance.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Love the idea of taking a chance on Siezmore mid-season if he's ready to go. Low-risk-high reward material.

I don't know. He hasn't done anything since 2009. I would think interested teams would like to sign him now and monitor his rehab, but he wants to wait until he is ready to go. Either he is doing some sort of rehab teams wouldn't want him to do, or maybe he feels he will have a better idea of the real contenders later, or he is a stand up guy and doesn't want teams to pay him until he knows he can play. It probably will be a low risk move when it happens, but you really have to wonder if he can still play and for how long.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
Ed Farmer was on the Score a little while ago. I don't know how anyone could like to listen to him.

On the contrary, I don't know how anyone could not like listening to him. He's a gold mine. I'm clearly in the minority, though. I don't think I'll be able to listen to games on the radio when the day comes that he isn't doing them anymore.

Regarding this year's Soxfest- I was really glad to hear Jermaine Dye was a part of the event. He's someone I wouldn't mind seeing around the team more often.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
On the contrary, I don't know how anyone could not like listening to him. He's a gold mine. I'm clearly in the minority, though. I don't think I'll be able to listen to games on the radio when the day comes that he isn't doing them anymore.

Regarding this year's Soxfest- I was really glad to hear Jermaine Dye was a part of the event. He's someone I wouldn't mind seeing around the team more often.

I agree, I like listening to Ed & DJ. I am sure however that in 10 or however many years from now, when they are no longer there, that I will enjoy listening to whoever their replacements are. Love listening to White Sox baseball!

Kind of disappointed with our coverage of Soxfest 13 but southside sox does a tremendous job at covering all 3 days. Apparently the 1983 Sox in attendance were very funny. And the guy KW interrupted is a key contributor to SSS. Really good stuff . http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/1/29/3924...-soxfest-review