Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
That really sucks. All three of my kids got a nasty cold that made them miserable for a few weeks but had no fever. That was fun

Had to ditch my 5k today that I moderately prepared for.

well, that's a problem.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

So I moved my bed and my tv around last night, so now I'm laying on my left ear when I lay down to watch TV and what I realized is that I'm deaf in my right ear.

I literally have no clue how long I've been like this, I'm thinking it was from last rugby season when I got a knee to ear area that knocked me out.

I've been fine just hearing out of my left ear but I was curious if there was anything other than a hearing aid that will fix it? Some sort of operation? Could there just be something that is detached or some s***? Or when it's gone it's just gone and only a hearing aid will do the trick? I'm 26 and I really don't wanna have to rock a hearing aid.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 11:57 AM)
So I moved my bed and my tv around last night, so now I'm laying on my left ear when I lay down to watch TV and what I realized is that I'm deaf in my right ear.

I literally have no clue how long I've been like this, I'm thinking it was from last rugby season when I got a knee to ear area that knocked me out.

I've been fine just hearing out of my left ear but I was curious if there was anything other than a hearing aid that will fix it? Some sort of operation? Could there just be something that is detached or some s***? Or when it's gone it's just gone and only a hearing aid will do the trick? I'm 26 and I really don't wanna have to rock a hearing aid.

How did you not realize that you couldn't hear out of your right ear in regular day to day situations?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
How did you not realize that you couldn't hear out of your right ear in regular day to day situations?

That's a fair question and one that I can't answer. I'm not one to talk on a phone(being left handed I suppose when I am on the phone I'm using my left hand when I am on the phone) and I don't have any sort of portable music device where I use headphones so I've never really been in a situation where my right ear was isolated.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)

This sounds like one you should consult your medical professional about.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
About ten years ago, my father-in-law had a loud ringing in his left ear for a day, then he woke up completely deaf in that ear. Never regained hearing in it and the doctors have no idea why.

Tintinus then resulting deafness from loud noises through his personal history.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
This is true, perhaps once I'm forced to get health care I'll get it checked out. Just posted it on the off chance that someone here would know something.

It could just be a blockage. A doctor could clean it out in one walk-in appointment and you could be hearing.

If it's worse, at least you'll know. The new insurance allows pre-existing conditions so, you wouldn't be penalized by finding out early.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
This is true, perhaps once I'm forced to get health care I'll get it checked out. Just posted it on the off chance that someone here would know something.

If you ever post on WSI one of the mods over there has dealt with hearing problems and surgery to correct it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
If you ever post on WSI one of the mods over there has dealt with hearing problems and surgery to correct it.

Never, I don't like to cheat on soxtalk. =p

I'm gonna be needing health care soon enough anyway so I might as well just keep on keepin on until then...Like I said I haven't really even noticed it until I moved the furniture around and I've already fixed that problem.

Thanks for the heads up though.