Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
I don't know if any of you have ever had the displeasure of driving back and forth between Indianapolis and South Bend, but today a newly-built US 31 bypass of Kokomo opened, reducing the US 31 stoplight count by 15. My trip to visit family for Thanksgiving just got about 15 minutes shorter!

That is great. That drive through Kokomo sucked, both for the cops and the traffic/stoplights.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
I don't know if any of you have ever had the displeasure of driving back and forth between Indianapolis and South Bend, but today a newly-built US 31 bypass of Kokomo opened, reducing the US 31 stoplight count by 15. My trip to visit family for Thanksgiving just got about 15 minutes shorter!

I've driven route 65 for years until I almost died a couple back in a head on collision. Never again. Now I fly to Ohio.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Has anyone used the website "Project Free TV" to stream episodes of TV shows? "Is it safe?," or will it break my computer?

Yes, but now I use Primewire. The site is definitely safe, I watch 99% of my TV on those types of sites.

Never make an account, never put in a credit card number, never sign up for anything, never download anything, etc. They are loaded with ads to try and trick people who don't know the internet very well, but it's easy once you pick up on the tricks. Putlocker, Sockshare, GorillaVid, and Sharesix are your best video links to use.

The workout thread seems to have disappeared, so I'll put this here.

Any tips for a 4-day workout? I'm still at the beginner stage -- never worked out really before I started in February, and while I've put on muscle, I'm still probably smaller than your average dude. I've tried navigating the bodybuilding.com database, but I don't know enough to know what's good and what's not.

I'm not training for anything specific, just want the general "build muscle." I also try to do 15 or so minutes of cardio before I start, but that's on the elliptical usually.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
The workout thread seems to have disappeared, so I'll put this here.

Any tips for a 4-day workout? I'm still at the beginner stage -- never worked out really before I started in February, and while I've put on muscle, I'm still probably smaller than your average dude. I've tried navigating the bodybuilding.com database, but I don't know enough to know what's good and what's not.

I'm not training for anything specific, just want the general "build muscle." I also try to do 15 or so minutes of cardio before I start, but that's on the elliptical usually.

I always recommend a 5x5 program for people starting out, read this: http://muscleoldschool.com/5x5-a-weight-tr...and-mass-gains/

Do compound lifts like Bench, Squats, Deadlifts, rows, etc, don't worry about isolation exercises like bicep curls.

And most importantly, if you're trying to build muscle...eat.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
I always recommend a 5x5 program for people starting out, read this: http://muscleoldschool.com/5x5-a-weight-tr...and-mass-gains/

Do compound lifts like Bench, Squats, Deadlifts, rows, etc, don't worry about isolation exercises like bicep curls.

And most importantly, if you're trying to build muscle...drink lots of alcohol.

I'm not sure if that's right.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 12:27 AM)
I've never understood this suggestion. Eat what? Anything? Just before I work out, or all the time?

My brother goes to the gym at least once or twice a day to get cut, and he eats a mass amount of chicken throughout the week.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
I've never understood this suggestion. Eat what? Anything? Just before I work out, or all the time?

Don't fret about the timing unless you aren't eating at all before or after your workout. If you are getting food in you within 2-3 hours of your workout (before and/or after, whatever works for you), then the timing won't matter.

As far as what to eat, the easy thing to shoot for is a high protein, low sugar diet. It isn't so much that sugary foods are automatically evil, but if you don't want to be counting calories it will be much easier to avoid them for the most part. Some fats aren't bad and are actually necessary; like the carbs though, fats from peanut butter or olive oil will be better than fats from a Twinkie.

If you struggle to eat enough, try to eat calorie-dense foods and try to eat often. If you often eat too much, don't eat calorie-dense foods and try to spread out your mealtimes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
Well, that was a productive 14 hours or so. Building security where the wife works found the guy. He came through the back loading dock and waited for two of her co-workers to exit and ran in and cased the joint. My wife, having left her wallet on top of her purse, made her an easy target.

Here's the f***stick in action.

irk5.jpg

He's part of the Florida Felony Lane Gang, as Kyyle mentioned, this is something that happens all the time. They have a shot of his car and license plate both at her work and Target, and nice pretty shots of both dudes' faces at Target.

Idiots will be rounded up before the end of the day I would imagine. And yes, we'd like to press charges.

Update: They got the bastard. They caught him doing the same thing to someone else (unsurprising) - for some reason that person doesn't want to press charges. We do want to press charges.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
Update: They got the bastard. They caught him doing the same thing to someone else (unsurprising) - for some reason that person doesn't want to press charges. We do want to press charges.

Any details? Did they find a bunch of stolen and counterfeit cards on him?