Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
I had it done about the same time......I know everyone is different but i was back to normal (eating wise) within a month.

Ya I went back to eating how I regularly did pretty quick too. I have just recently been reading about what youre supposed to eat and not eat and apparently certain foods can still case attacks and can also be very difficult for you to digest.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
So, because my roommate had his contract with the rental office voided due to medical reasons, my rent is going to go from $475 a month to $700.

f*** me.

I'd make sure to read your lease front to back before agreeing to that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
So, because my roommate had his contract with the rental office voided due to medical reasons, my rent is going to go from $475 a month to $700.

f*** me.

Hmm joint and several liability on the lease?

You look at it to confirm they have the right to do it?

Basically the clause should say that you are jointly and severally liable for the rent, yadda yadda. Also see if there is any outs.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
Hmm joint and several liability on the lease?

You look at it to confirm they have the right to do it?

Basically the clause should say that you are jointly and severally liable for the rent, yadda yadda. Also see if there is any outs.

Good point, my question - is the total rent $700? Or were they splitting it evenly for $950 and they settled on $700? That would seem odd, even though it does benefit him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
Good point, my question - is the total rent $700? Or were they splitting it evenly for $950 and they settled on $700? That would seem odd, even though it does benefit him.

I'm gonna go read the lease I signed and go over all the fine details on Thursday.

$700 is the rate for a single bedroom apartment.

Hopefully I can get him to pay the difference seeing as I'm not the reason for his medical problems. I'd rather not sue him because I do love the guy.

Problem is I can't even find a subleaser because most summer subleases are $500/summer, not $475/mo

My voice is almost gone thanks to a cold and exacerbated by going out and raging over the weekend.

Anybody have suggestions to help? I've been chugging water all day as my throat gets noticeably dry and painful if I don't.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
My voice is almost gone thanks to a cold and exacerbated by going out and raging over the weekend.

Anybody have suggestions to help? I've been chugging water all day as my throat gets noticeably dry and painful if I don't.

Usually drinking more alcohol helps me.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
It sounds like you each had an agreement with the lease company, not each other. Unless you two had some agreement, I do not see anyway to sue him.

It's what my lawyer-dad told me! And I really don't understand it either.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 11:56 AM)

Time to find a hot young coed to move in and be your pretend wife and pay half the bills

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
Why would you make her your pretend wife? Then you won't get to sleep with her at all.

If you make her your real wife then you dont get to. If it is pretend, then it is still fantasy, and all bets are off.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
It's starting to come back today, but the cold (which I've had for a few weeks) is still lingering and it's more of just the gunk in my throat that makes it difficult sometimes.

Back to chugging water!

You should get your junk checked out.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)

Quin,

What exactly happened?

You signed a lease to live in how big an apartment, with whom, for what terms?

And what happened to your roommate?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
Quin,

What exactly happened?

You signed a lease to live in how big an apartment, with whom, for what terms?

And what happened to your roommate?

2 person apartment, each person pays $475.

Roommate had to drop out due to medical issues, so he was released from his contract.

It looks like it's only going to be 1 month though and it sounds like he is going to pay the difference.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
2 person apartment, each person pays $475.

Roommate had to drop out due to medical issues, so he was released from his contract.

It looks like it's only going to be 1 month though and it sounds like he is going to pay the difference.

Oh, good to hear.