Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 08:55 AM)
no, she has some very serious emotional issues.

Apparently years ago she chased her brother down a hallway with a pair of scissors, then when he closed the door she stabled the door. SHe's put a dent in our family room wall when she threw a hair brush at it.

Any kids?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 09:05 AM)
2. 4.5 and 3 years old. both girls. and we have a female cat.... my life sucks.

I'm sorry, man. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life because I'm sure you know how to address this -- but I certainly hope there is a way things can work out. A bad marriage sucks, a divorce sucks. I hope there is still some chance you can salvage a good marriage.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm sorry, man. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life because I'm sure you know how to address this -- but I certainly hope there is a way things can work out. A bad marriage sucks, a divorce sucks. I hope there is still some chance you can salvage a good marriage.

thanks. Inn between her spurts of crazy, she's actually a very nice and caring person. then she goes batspit nuts.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
thanks. Inn between her spurts of crazy, she's actually a very nice and caring person. then she goes batspit nuts.

I mean this is in the most positive possible way, but has she had a psychiatric evaluation?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
I mean this is in the most positive possible way, but has she had a psychiatric evaluation?

She flat out refuses. I've asked her time and time again to just go talk to someone. and all I get is that they'll put her on medication and she doesnt want to take those evil medicines.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
She flat out refuses. I've asked her time and time again to just go talk to someone. and all I get is that they'll put her on medication and she doesnt want to take those evil medicines.

They only *require* medication in the most extreme of circumstances, which this does not sound like. They will recommend it on a lot of occasions, but there are most definitely steps that can be taken through counseling alone that can help reduce these sorts of episodes and increase quality of life.

Sorry Athomeboy. My cousin is married to a guy who is a manic depressive. He had tried suicide a few times and she tries to be supportive. I think she and the kids should leave him. You see stories on the news with parents snapping and hurting or even killing their kids.

I've never had the desire to get married. I like having a gf but just never felt like going further than that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)

Maybe someone from your church could help convince her?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
Hahahaha awesome

It's not really hahaha so much as a lot of effort in the re-design. I submitted it six months ago (it's quite a process) and they told me to gtfo. Now with the redesign and oodles of content it was accepted. I coded it to rock out each article moving forward. Pretty awesome to see John Norris's NFL Free Agency article I posted show up on Google News and have jamokes organically hitting the website 15 minutes later.

I guess I might as well submit to Bing and pretty much say "Google likes us, so obviously you will too".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
It's not really hahaha so much as a lot of effort in the re-design. I submitted it six months ago (it's quite a process) and they told me to gtfo. Now with the redesign and oodles of content it was accepted. I coded it to rock out each article moving forward. Pretty awesome to see John Norris's NFL Free Agency article I posted show up on Google News and have jamokes organically hitting the website 15 minutes later.

I guess I might as well submit to Bing and pretty much say "Google likes us, so obviously you will too".

Awesome. I'm going to have some thoughts on the film "Stoker" for you soon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)

It's still hahahaha because it's exciting

So, its definitely that time of the month for Mother Nature.

Just in case you read this before going anywhere: I don't live in Chicago, but I get Trib breaking news alerts in my inbox and this morning one of my alerts was that parts of the Edens, Eisenhower, and Kennedy are closed due to massive flooding.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 05:36 AM)
So, its definitely that time of the month for Mother Nature.

Those bastards never open the sewer gates in time. 4-5 inches of dirty water in basement. Took 30 minutes to fill up, 15 minutes to drain out when they opened up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 07:24 AM)
Those bastards never open the sewer gates in time. 4-5 inches of dirty water in basement. Took 30 minutes to fill up, 15 minutes to drain out when they opened up.

I'm trying to remember if I heard my sump pump before I left for work. Pretty sure I did.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0123.html

Storm Prediction Center has issued a PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) Tornado Watch for most of Indiana. A PDS Watch is more serious than a standard Tornado Watch, which is already pretty serious. We were under a PDS Watch down here last March when the F4 tornado hit Henryville and killed a dozen people. Not something to mess around with.