Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister-in-law had her 4th child today. Of the 4 kids, there are three different fathers and all of the kids have different last names. oh man. *face palm* I've mentioned it before, the father of her middle two kids is a registered sex offender (he was well before they started dating). She lives in a single wide trailer with her kids, current BF, and two dogs.

The wife and I decided to order a Sodastream last week. It arrived yesterday.

It's incredible - healthy, tasty, bubbly soda whenever you want. She had Diet Root Beer last night and I made Diet Orange. It tastes just like Crush. F*cking delicious.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
Any Chicagoans want to give me a list of their favorite bars in the River North area? I'm new to that area and have hit up a few places but would like some recommendations as well.

I usually venture over to Kerryman's with my group of friends when we're partying in that area. Of course, I've only been there when extremely drunk and don't know what it's like before 11pm.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
Any Chicagoans want to give me a list of their favorite bars in the River North area? I'm new to that area and have hit up a few places but would like some recommendations as well.

Hub 51

I hate River North, but what type of bars are you looking for?

Insanely overpriced like Paris Club?

Nonsensically overpriced like Bull & Bear?

Or terrible and overpriced like Brewstone?

:D

The good news is you live in a great area to get on the el and go either North or West.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)

It's incredible - healthy, tasty, bubbly soda whenever you want. She had Diet Root Beer last night and I made Diet Orange. It tastes just like Crush. F*cking delicious.

With the cost of the flavor bottles and the co2 do you actually save any money using that?

I can get a 2-liter for about a buck and can catch a sale and get a 12 pack of cans for $2.50. That's less than 21 cents a can.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)

Healthy? I know nothing about it, but didn't think you'd use describe it using that word...?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
I hate River North, but what type of bars are you looking for?

Insanely overpriced like Paris Club?

Nonsensically overpriced like Bull & Bear?

Or terrible and overpriced like Brewstone?

:D

The good news is you live in a great area to get on the el and go either North or West.

This post is outstanding on so many levels.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy soil and mulch that can be delivered in bulk to the western suburbs? I spent all weekend building a roughly 60 foot by 6 foot retaining wall in the front of my house that now needs to be filled with some top soil and covered with mulch. Given the amount I'm going to need it's going to be much cheaper to buy this in bulk instead of buying 60-70 bags at Menards/Home Depot.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 08:52 AM)
Does anyone know of a good place to buy soil and mulch that can be delivered in bulk to the western suburbs? I spent all weekend building a roughly 60 foot by 6 foot retaining wall in the front of my house that now needs to be filled with some top soil and covered with mulch. Given the amount I'm going to need it's going to be much cheaper to buy this in bulk instead of buying 60-70 bags at Menards/Home Depot.

We've used this place for dirt before and will probably be getting some more next weekend.

http://www.homelandscape.net/

Any landscape place should sell dirt, mulch and stone in bulk.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
We've used this place for dirt before and will probably be getting some more next weekend.

http://www.homelandscape.net/

Any landscape place should sell dirt, mulch and stone in bulk.

Was the price pretty fair? Reading around online it seems like prices vary widely and that there is a lot of competition.