Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:52 AM)
I guarantee you that if it were me, that guy wouldn't just be standing there watching, because I'd have a gun pulled on his dog. He'd be out of the house in a hurry getting his dog away.

No offense...but if I were watching that happen, I'd be calling the police on you.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 30, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)
I guarantee you that if it were me, that guy wouldn't just be standing there watching, because I'd have a gun pulled on his dog. He'd be out of the house in a hurry getting his dog away.

I thought about that afterwards. I don't own a gun but if that dog ran up on the wrong person, I couldve seen that happening and rightfully so. I didn't know if the dog was going to jump on me after I picked him up.

We reported it to Animal Control and talked to the neighbor after they got home from work. They were apologetic and said they need to get a fence. Duh. We're not going to make a big deal out of it because I'm moving soon anyway. Just wanted them to be aware so it doesn't happen again. Luckily my dog and I are both fine.

I only have a scratch and that was from my dog when I picked him up.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 30, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
I thought about that afterwards. I don't own a gun but if that dog ran up on the wrong person, I couldve seen that happening and rightfully so. I didn't know if the dog was going to jump on me after I picked him up.

We reported it to Animal Control and talked to the neighbor after they got home from work. They were apologetic and said they need to get a fence. Duh. We're not going to make a big deal out of it because I'm moving soon anyway. Just wanted them to be aware so it doesn't happen again. Luckily my dog and I are both fine.

I only have a scratch and that was from my dog when I picked him up.

Getting it on record is key because if that dog does hurt someone later the owner can actually be held liable for it. Sometimes the excuse "it's never happened before" works.

Not much else in the world that annoys me more than a terrible dog owner. We used to take our boston terrier to the dog parks in the city and there would ALWAYS be the moron with a large breed that thinks his dog is just playing around when it's clearly trying to be dominant on little dogs.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 27, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
Ames is about to flood again. In other news, it's summer.

KCRG - "The Cedar River is now expected to crest in Cedar Rapids at 19.8 feet this weekend. That's higher than 1993. Join us right now on TV9 for the latest information."

2008 it crested at 31.12'

My wife and I were walking our husky one time and walked past a house with a couple of dogs that looked like pit/pit-mix. They were both chained up but as soon as they saw us they started running towards us and snapped their chains without even breaking stride.

My wife told me to run but I knew that was the worst thing I could do. I just tried to get between them and our dog because he was about 12 or 13 at the time. Luckily the owners were in the yard and came over right away to corral their dogs. The dogs didn't do anything besides sniff each other but it was pretty scary for a few seconds.

I have been the owner that has let the dogs run up to other dogs/people before and it has never been intentional. The first time, it was my sister's dog (she has two but this was her male). A guy came out of his house and was loading up his truck and the dog took off after him (I'm pretty sure because he thought he was my brother-in-law). He's a gentle giant though and wouldn't do anything, but I corraled him, got him inside, and apologized profusely right away. The other time was our dog, who growls and barks a bit more but usually isn't aggressive. A couple was walking a poodle looking dog and my dog ran right up to it and they got in each others faces, started barking, and I got in there as soon as I could. Got him in the house and apologized profusely again.

For me, I just didn't think the dogs would run out, but they did, and neither of them have been outside of a fenced in area with me since that point. It's embarrassing as hell though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
I have been the owner that has let the dogs run up to other dogs/people before and it has never been intentional. The first time, it was my sister's dog (she has two but this was her male). A guy came out of his house and was loading up his truck and the dog took off after him (I'm pretty sure because he thought he was my brother-in-law). He's a gentle giant though and wouldn't do anything, but I corraled him, got him inside, and apologized profusely right away. The other time was our dog, who growls and barks a bit more but usually isn't aggressive. A couple was walking a poodle looking dog and my dog ran right up to it and they got in each others faces, started barking, and I got in there as soon as I could. Got him in the house and apologized profusely again.

For me, I just didn't think the dogs would run out, but they did, and neither of them have been outside of a fenced in area with me since that point. It's embarrassing as hell though.

I had a similar incident, I was dog-sitting my friend's dog and he was the gentlest, best behaved dog we ever knew (never barked at all). My mom (who helped train him) and I took him to a nearby park, we let him off the leash and he immediately took off to a dog on the other side of the park. Fortunately he just wanted to sniff that dog and didn't attack it or anything but man he flew.

Yes, dog is fairly submissive. Was the runt of his litter (he's a boxer) and then spent part of his puppy years around some real big dogs as well. He practically backs down to little dogs, now. Love the guy, though!

QUOTE (Jake @ May 31, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Yes, dog is fairly submissive. Was the runt of his litter (he's a boxer) and then spent part of his puppy years around some real big dogs as well. He practically backs down to little dogs, now. Love the guy, though!

Unfortunately, that is why he keeps getting mounted. Other dogs are just letting him know they are in charge, lol

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
And why did you do this, good sir?

Had it for a few years and they made some nice upgrades like the 8.4 in touchscreen. My 2011 was one of the first made and I just had a feeling I was close to a mechanical issue. I walked off the lot with no more money down and the same payment. Win/win.

Ended up with 2014 summit edition at invoice.

Edited by RockRaines