Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 12:27 AM)
I'm 6'6. I wouldn't say freakish but I'm also not really selling any apparel. I've got a couple baseball bags, a brand new set of Nike spikes (size 14), workout equipment, etc. I do have a couple jerseys I'd like to move that might be big for all you little folk.

Oh, nice.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yard sale did NOT go as I expected. Rain cut me short and oddly enough, none of my athletic gear and workout equipment sold. Still made a pretty good amount of money for just sitting around most of the day, and I still have a decent amount of stuff that I might try and sell again on a sunny day.

If anyone is interest, I have a White Sox 2005 WS bags/cornhole set that I'm looking to move, as well as a used Paul Konerko jersey.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
Yard sale did NOT go as I expected. Rain cut me short and oddly enough, none of my athletic gear and workout equipment sold. Still made a pretty good amount of money for just sitting around most of the day, and I still have a decent amount of stuff that I might try and sell again on a sunny day.

If anyone is interest, I have a White Sox 2005 WS bags/cornhole set that I'm looking to move, as well as a used Paul Konerko jersey.

Used by you or game-used? Size, condition, and price?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)

We donated everything we couldn't sell this summer. Nice tax write off.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
boooo...... I love free preview weekends. My DVR gets a workout ;)

Need to record a few things for my wife and I to watch. (yea, you read that right. ;) )

I think we all remember the story about your wife. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure their original series have more sex than those movies.

This evening I was picking up pizza. As I was walking back to my car, I heard something scraping the road, it sounded like someone's bumper was dragging. I got to my car and looked at the road, saw a motor cycle laying in the road, but no driver. I was at least 100+ feet away and didnt have a good view. I drove closer, the driver was laying motionless next to the bike and I am pretty sure he didnt have a helmet on. By that time people nearby had already got out of their cars and were on the phone (presumably with 911). So, I didnt stick around.

That shook me up a little bit.

Note to people: don't be stupid.

36 months ago I purchased an LCD television for $1,500. I went to make my last payment on it this am and saw I was charged 36 months (thought I had two more days). Ebilling is fun and everything, but always look at the pdf statement.

Result: Made the final payment over the phone one day late and they waived the $1,300 fee. I took about 3 s***s waiting for customer service to open.

Don't be stupid!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
Note to people: don't be stupid.

36 months ago I purchased an LCD television for $1,500. I went to make my last payment on it this am and saw I was charged 36 months (thought I had two more days). Ebilling is fun and everything, but always look at the pdf statement.

Result: Made the final payment over the phone one day late and they waived the $1,300 fee. I took about 3 s***s waiting for customer service to open.

Don't be stupid!

HH Gregg? Best Buy?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
HH Gregg? Best Buy?

Best Buy

It was rather painless to have them waive it if I paid the remaining from my checking account (obviously no problem). I seriously recommend, however, everyone get rid of the paperless billing for credit cards as you miss important information.

Man, sometimes you just wish that people would die instead of suffering forever. I know that would be my choice.

Wife's grandmother had a massive stroke 2.5 years ago. She's 82 years old. She fought back and was able to eat and communicate relatively well... for awhile. In February, her husband passed away, and her quality of life is just s***. She can barely walk, can barely talk, breaks a rib everytime she coughs, just fell down and tore up her back.

It sounds awful, but come on, just take her already. It's sad to see.

Sorry to hear that Steve, I understand what you are saying. When I was around 13 years old, my grandmother had a series of small strokes and then a grand mal seizure that incapacitated her, and then alzheimers set in shortly after. It wasnt the person I knew for the last 5 years of her life.

I had to watch my grandmother go through Alzheimer's. It was like 8 years of a slow decline to the point where she didn't know anyone but my mom and her two siblings. Everyone else was a complete stranger and she couldn't remember conversations from 30 minutes prior. It was heart breaking.

My grandfather, one of the strongest, most bad ass people i've ever met in my life, withered away to nothing in like 2 months from pancreatic cancer. At least he lived a full life up until that point and then went quickly.

Death sucks.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
I had to watch my grandmother go through Alzheimer's. It was like 8 years of a slow decline to the point where she didn't know anyone but my mom and her two siblings. Everyone else was a complete stranger and she couldn't remember conversations from 30 minutes prior. It was heart breaking.

My grandfather, one of the strongest, most bad ass people i've ever met in my life, withered away to nothing in like 2 months from pancreatic cancer. At least he lived a full life up until that point and then went quickly.

Death sucks.

My grandfather went a year and a half after my grandmother passed. He also was one of the bad ass people I have ever met, he lost half of his left leg to a bomb in WWII in Germany. I never heard the man complain once about his leg, or having to care for my grandmother when things started to go south. Once their partner goes, the air is let out of the balloon for them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:41 AM)
My grandfather went a year and a half after my grandmother passed. He also was one of the bad ass people I have ever met, he lost half of his left leg to a bomb in WWII in Germany. I never heard the man complain once about his leg, or having to care for my grandmother when things started to go south. Once their partner goes, the air is let out of the balloon for them.

Yeah you hear stories all the time about people that have been married for 60+ years and when one of them goes, the next one goes like hours later.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
Yeah you hear stories all the time about people that have been married for 60+ years and when one of them goes, the next one goes like hours later.

It's been one of those years in my house. MY grandparents both went 23 hours apart earlier this year. Grandma went and Grandpa followed. It was nuts and hell on my mother.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
Plantar fasciitis sucks f***ing balls - and I have a 10k to run Sunday.

I'm doing a 5k Sat just for the heck of it. The only cardio I get is basketball and softball. Not gonna be pretty.