Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
So my next door neighbor, who has told me previously that she is out of work due to disability, has a couple different people who visit her 2-3 times a week, each time for no more than 10 minutes . . .

No more than 10 minutes? Apparently she is very good at what she does

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
Very solid place. Honestly give me a real f'ing deli as opposed to any of that garbage.

Seems to be a dying industry for some reason. I am not sure why the jewish deli kind of died away in chicago as well.

IN the west loop I had alot of choices for italian delis, but I suspect even those are being forced out at some point. Its depressing. Here in Oak Park we only have Alpine, which is awesome, but I wouldnt mind another real deli.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Its (jimmy johns) also a 1000 times worse for you. Subway nails it if you want to have a healthy lunch.

Oh i'm sure. But Subway still sucks, at least the one closest to my office. If you get the bread toasted it's like eating stale bread. Half the veggies aren't quite ripe. And I swear I end up s***ting my brains out 4-5 hours after eating there, which makes me question how sanitary the place is.

+1 on the regular old style deli's. There are a few in the west loop, but they're pricey and "commercial." Mom and pop shops just can't compete with the pricing of the larger chains unfortunately.

I have 2 new Mediterranean Chipotle clones around my building that opened within the last year and a half (Nesh! and Mezza, both excellent, along with Roti). I've been hitting up those more than the sandwich shops.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
Seems to be a dying industry for some reason. I am not sure why the jewish deli kind of died away in chicago as well.

IN the west loop I had alot of choices for italian delis, but I suspect even those are being forced out at some point. Its depressing. Here in Oak Park we only have Alpine, which is awesome, but I wouldnt mind another real deli.

I agree. There used to be the best place down the block from the CBOT. I've been lost since that place closed down.