2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)
I think the new Superman movie looks amazing. I really think they finally figured out how to make a Superman movie.

Im excited for it, but a little worried that it was pushed back for 6 months

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)
I think the new Superman movie looks amazing. I really think they finally figured out how to make a Superman movie.

The very first Superman with Reeve was great.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
GEE I wonder how they'll compromise Superman's powers to make him less than immortal during that 2.5 hours?

It's hard to get into a Superman movie.

They don't need to. They can use the other card.

Hey, there's ANOTHER guy from Krypton with the same powers, but he's BAD.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)
GEE I wonder how they'll compromise Superman's powers to make him less than immortal during that 2.5 hours?

It's hard to get into a Superman movie.

That is pretty much the script of every superhero movie. Come on now, TDKR, Bruce Wayne had his back broken, the new Iron Man he is going to lose everything. Thor lost his power and was cast onto earth.

It is how those movies are.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
That is pretty much the script of every superhero movie. Come on now, TDKR, Bruce Wayne had his back broken, the new Iron Man he is going to lose everything. Thor lost his power and was cast onto earth.

Yeah, but superman is a rough franchise since everything is solved by him throwing the problem into space. Oh no, he's weakened! Oh, he found the strength to overcome his weaknesses, and look, he's throwing bomb into space!

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Yeah, but superman is a rough franchise since everything is solved by him throwing the problem into space. Oh no, he's weakened! Oh, he found the strength to overcome his weaknesses, and look, he's throwing bomb into space!

Hopefully that is not the case here.

Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer wrote the screenplay. Considering the work they did with Batman, I am willing to give them a shot here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)

The Thor example works (kinda), but the others doesn't. Batman and Iron Man and Spiderman and the XMen and Captain America all sometimes suffer defeats because they have worthy adversaries.

Superman usually needs some gimmick that strips him of his powers because he's so OP.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
The Thor example works (kinda), but the others doesn't. Batman and Iron Man and Spiderman and the XMen and Captain America all sometimes suffer defeats because they have worthy adversaries. Superman usually needs some gimmick that strips him of his powers because he's so OP.

Sure they suffer defeats. Then they come back and win.

Superman has suffered defeat, he has died(and come back). Brainiac has messed him up bad a few times. Im pretty sure yellow lantern Hal Jordan also messed up Superman too.

But they all come back to win. I understand Superman is a boy scout and hard to relate to, but this movie and the relaunch of his character in the DC comics is supposed to solve some of those problems. We will see.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
Sure they suffer defeats. Then they come back and win.

Superman has suffered defeat, he has died(and come back). Brainiac has messed him up bad a few times. Im pretty sure yellow lantern Hal Jordan also messed up Superman too.

But they all come back to win. I understand Superman is a boy scout and hard to relate to, but this movie and the relaunch of his character in the DC comics is supposed to solve some of those problems. We will see.

The opening of that trailer pretty clearly had some time where he wasn't just being a boy scout, he was hiding on the world.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
The opening of that trailer pretty clearly had some time where he wasn't just being a boy scout, he was hiding on the world.

In interviews Goyer was very clear in that this is a movie where Superman is not accepted by people, he is feared. And in turn he is isolated because he doesnt relate to normal people.

This movie could very well suck, I havent been a big fan of Zach Snyders films, but I want it to be good so that DC can get some their better stuff off the ground and give Marvel a good run and up the ante on both sides.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)

I disagree on TDKR. Bruce Wayne is human, so his back was broken. His back was broken during a confrontation.

He didn't eat Kryptonite Donuts.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
I disagree on TDKR. Bruce Wayne is human, so his back was broken. His back was broken during a confrontation.

He didn't eat Kryptonite Donuts.

He survived and completely recovered from getting his back broken by doing pushups in like a month. GMAB

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
I don't get the Superman is a boy scout talk. Most major superheroes from DC and Marvel are boy scouts. They don't kill anyone.

I think a problem is the movies never really pushed across anything other than Superman vs Lex Luthor. IMO the best movie is 2, when he goes against Zod.