2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
Well, you just said a guy was a "hidden" genius behind the movie. That's why I asked.

The writer rarely gets the credit. Goyer knows the medium.

From what I know of Superman, it wasn't the story that hurt it, it was the Snyder effect at the end. Even so, I really want to see it still. A friend of mine is really hard to please with movies and he loved it

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
That said, it kind of falls in the category of that random Johnny Depp John Dillinger flick - so many variables that seem to add up to awesome, yet not awesome.

I was so excited for Public Enemies...and then was really disappointed. It was just boring. That might have been because I had such high expectations though.

Maybe I need to watch it again.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
I haven't seen yet, but a few friends of mine loved it.

Brian didn't like it, but his favorite movie is The Notebook so I discounted his opinion.

I despised it. And my favorite movie is Back to the Future. Although it got dusty in the room watching The Notebook.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
The writer rarely gets the credit. Goyer knows the medium.

From what I know of Superman, it wasn't the story that hurt it, it was the Snyder effect at the end. Even so, I really want to see it still. A friend of mine is really hard to please with movies and he loved it

Man of Steel had a very serious tone, which I think a lot of people didn't like. I thought it was great.

Superman/Batman is pretty exciting. Those two have been teaming up for ages and they play well off each other. They have a lot more in common than people think.

I'm not really worried about Bale not being Batman. I didn't think he was irreplaceable as Batman. It would be nice for the familiarity of it all, but not the end of the world. Some people have mentioned Karl Urban as Bruce Wayne, I think that would be amazing. He did a perfect job as Judge Dredd.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)
It's Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in "Open Water in Space".

I liked "Buried" and "Open Water" so I'm hoping "Gravity" holds its own.

See what I did there?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
Was it bad? Not the twist, the movie

I liked it a lot. Really liked the end credits scene too. Probably my favorite end credit scene of all Marvel movies. But I've always been a huge Wolverine fan.

Edited by WilliamTell

i watched a short film called "The Final Moments of Karl Brant" yesterday, it stars Paul Reubens and another guy I recognize but couldnt name if i tried. Cool sci fi concept, I could see it getting adapted to a full length feature. Kind of a Lawnmower man/Minority Report feel to it

Another short film recommendation, "Truth in Journalism" featuring Ryan Kwanten playing Eddie Brock/Venom. Shot in a film noir style as if a french film student is filming a documentary. Very cool short movie(just over 13 minutes).

Kwanten nails Brock.