2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
It is all about the tone. Burton has a way of making dark fantasies and stories into something almost whimsical. Keaton fit the mold of his Batman, in both the theme of the movie and the writing and direction of the character. I dont think Keaton, Kilmer or Clooney would have fit into Nolans view of Batman/Bruce Wayne in the way Bale did, and I dont think Bale would have fit into Burton and Schumachers view of Batman/Bruce Wayne the way those three did for Burton/Schumacher.

Thank you, I was trying to figure out a way to say something like this and couldn't find the right words.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
It is all about the tone. Burton has a way of making dark fantasies and stories into something almost whimsical. Keaton fit the mold of his Batman, in both the theme of the movie and the writing and direction of the character. I dont think Keaton, Kilmer or Clooney would have fit into Nolans view of Batman/Bruce Wayne in the way Bale did, and I dont think Bale would have fit into Burton and Schumachers view of Batman/Bruce Wayne the way those three did for Burton/Schumacher.

I found this interesting read today, 10 Batman films that almost happened

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/04/10-batma...ost-happened/2/

I didnt know Schumacher kept trying to get one more film.

A third Tim Burton movie would have been cool.

Just days after rumors began circling that Tony Stark's AI assistant JARVIS and the actor who plays him, Paul Bettany, would take on the titular moniker of Ultron in the 2015 sequel, Marvel has announced that three-time Emmy Award-winning actor James Spader will play the evil robot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)
The Patriot, Brokeback Mountain, and Monsters Ball were all notches in his belt, Joker was about to propel him into another stratosphere.

Candy was damn good also. Due to that movie I read the saddest story in my life on the IMDb message boards about a heroin user that was commenting on how accurate the depiction is of that seedy world. I believe it has since been deleted as I have searched for it in the past. It was just so horrible, via reading him, I almost felt as if I was one with the poster. Was just that damn powerful.

Caught a weird movie last night: "Shame" starring Michael Fassbender and the chick that married the lead singer from Mumford. One of those movies without much of a plot or even a reason to be made other than to get a glimpse at a certain kind of person (in this case, a sex addict). It was a movie stuck too far up its own ass to be considered good, although it was interesting. The ending was meh though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
Caught a weird movie last night: "Shame" starring Michael Fassbender and the chick that married the lead singer from Mumford. One of those movies without much of a plot or even a reason to be made other than to get a glimpse at a certain kind of person (in this case, a sex addict). It was a movie stuck too far up its own ass to be considered good, although it was interesting. The ending was meh though.

Yea it is a weird movie. You want to say its good, but it just leaves you feeling empty

I've been on a scary movie wave of late. Watched The Strangers last night for the first time. It was ok, kinda creepy at times, but ultimately disappointing.

In general, I've been disappointed with most of the horror flicks I've watched of late. The Conjuring was absolutely awful. I've heard Insidious was pretty good, so I might have to give 1 & 2 a shot soon.

Any other suggestions?

I've been on a scary movie kick of late. Watched The Strangers last night for the first time because people always praised it. It was ok, kinda creepy at times, but ultimately disappointing.

In general, I've been disappointed with most of the horror flicks I've watched of late. The Conjuring was absolutely awful. I've heard Insidious was pretty good, so I might have to give 1 & 2 a shot soon.

Any other suggestions?

Just watched The Iceman. Pretty decent movie. I don't want to spoil it, but I think the fact that it was a true story led to a rather boring ending. I was hoping for a big battle of the antagonist vs. the protagonist, but I guess they couldn't stray off the facts that far.

However, I am now watching a documentary of the real IceMan, and holy s***, this guy is f***ed up. I think he actually has come off as a WORSE person in this 10 minutes of the documentary I've seen so far than the movie. The movie actually portrays him as a big time family man who kind of got caught up in the contract killing business. This conversation w/ him that I am watching is him saying things like "I probably killed over 200 people. I used to just stab and shoot people for looking at me wrong, innocent people. I used to throw cats in an incinerator." Michael Shannon somehow made him LESS scary.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 02:51 AM)
Oh my god, in this interview with the real life Iceman, he is saying that liked to tie up people and leave them in a cave with a video camera on them, that way he could later watch the video of the rats eating them to death while they scream. That's so f***ed up.

Is that the HBO documentary you are watching? Kuklinski was wired different than normal people, you could tell he enjoyed his work.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
David Fincher is directing the adaptation of "Gone Girl"

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/bl...r-film-20130916

Maybe he can do something about that ending . . .

They just started filming a part of that in Southern Illinois at Giant City State Park