2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20721958,00.html

Reviews swinging in the wrong direction on Thor.

Started at 87, went to 82, now down in the low 70's at rottentomatoes. Looks like it will debut somewhere between $80-100 million, which is still pretty remarkable considering where the Thor franchise stood after the first movie came out in early 2011.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 01:56 AM)
Thor: The Dark World was damn good.

Agreed. It's pretty awesome. If you likes the first, you should dig this one as well.

Any theory on credit scene with Benicio Del Toro.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
Oh, ok.

For the Avengers 2. Was thinking a 3rd Thor movie.

There are 6 gems in the infinity gauntlet, 2 are now in "safe" keeping(Aether and the cosmic cube). I think Phase 3 will involve the other 4 being found, leading up to Avengers 3 with the s*** hitting the fan in the form of Thanos with the guantlet

Have the same general feeling about Thor....and you could say something similar about the Iron Man franchise. The first movie with the full backstory is almost always the best when it comes to superhero movies. It was much better than Iron Man 2, although that's a pretty low bar.

And the ether felt about as compelling as a "villain" as whatever that mysterious essence (Parallax) was in Green Lantern.

Plus, Sif didn't get nearly enough screen time, either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
I agree with this. Better than IM3, a small step below Avengers.

I wasn't a fan of Ironman 3 at all. Loved Thor 2 and even though I hate to be caught up in the moment, I'm not sure whether I want to put Thor 2 ahead of Ironman 1 or not for #2 in the Avengers franchise behind the Avengers. I'll give it a little bit of time before I decide!

The CEO also touted strong prospects for another franchise with “The Expendables 3″ having added Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, Wesley Snipes and Kelsey Grammer. “We’ve repositioned this franchise in a powerful way,” Feltheimer said.

www.variety.com

I think they've worked pretty much everyone in there now but Stephen Seagal. Might as well add Mr. T and Lane Kiffin, too.

Edited by caulfield12