2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

Hunger Games 2 was predictable and mostly stuck with the book formula, in the sense that it was that "bridge" movie to the finale and those always leave you a bit disappointed and waiting for the next installment.

For those who've read the books, the ending (not the substantive results, but how they arrive at them) is probably the biggest difference.

Jennifer Lawrence definitely carries these movies, along with Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci. It was nice to see Jeffrey Wright get a chance to perform in front of a wider audience.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
Wow. Finally watching Man of Steel. This movie is f***ing terrible.

I was going to stick with this pile of s*** and see it through, and then it got just too ridiculous.

"Clark! They're trying to turn Earth into Krypton! Won't that weaken your powers?!?!"

Yes, they were "mining Earth" with a spaceship to change it atmospherically to Krypton - so stupid. And here we thought Kevin Spacey creating uninhabitable land in the last one to create new "real estate" was bad.

"That's possible, Lois. But I have to try!" - Superman

Also, Michael Shannon was f***ing brutal in this movie. Piece of s***. But don't worry, the sequel has Ben Affleck as Batman!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
Hunger Games 2 was predictable and mostly stuck with the book formula, in the sense that it was that "bridge" movie to the finale and those always leave you a bit disappointed and waiting for the next installment.

For those who've read the books, the ending (not the substantive results, but how they arrive at them) is probably the biggest difference.

Jennifer Lawrence definitely carries these movies, along with Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci. It was nice to see Jeffrey Wright get a chance to perform in front of a wider audience.

Much better adaptation from the first one. I had forgotten the details from the book but I thought they finished the same way.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
I took a lot of heat from the fanboys for saying this. They better come down on you too. Ha

It seems like most of the s*** the movie gets is from fan boys. It has it's flaws, but I thought is was WAY better than the earlier superman movies. solid 6.5/10

http://in.bookmyshow.com/entertainment/fiv...es-sucked/26967

Don't forget the Scott brothers with their "shaky camera" style, as well as Greengrass.

The runaway train movie, Unstoppable, with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine would be the perfect example.

Really looking forward to Nebraska. I believe, and there's going to be an argument, that Alexander Payne might be the best "independent/small budget" director of his generation.

You have Election, Sideways, About Schmidt, Citizen Ruth (very underrated and underseen) and The Descandants in his filmography.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 12:30 AM)
Saw "We're the Millers" today, actually thought it was pretty damn funny.

Agreed. It's not a great movie but it's funny and when on HBO, I'll probably watch it everytime I'm channel surfing and see it on in the middle or something.

Different directions to go with F&F Franchise...

1) Statham does an about face and becomes good guy/sidekick with Vin Diesel after the retribution killing goes down in Tokyo

2) Ryan Gosling, he was in "Drive" after all...and has that similar blonde/blue-eyed appearance

3) A woman....Lettie or Eva Mendes?

4) Tyrese

5) The Rock becomes the sidekick after their Bromance in the last movie...hard to imagine, since he's a US Marshall still

6) Channing Tatum....can't quite imagine Mark Wahlberg here

7) They do another version of Training Day with a young/unknown/rookie guy paired with the veteran/experienced Diesel

8) Hard to think of an Asian actor now that the main one in the series was just killed in Tokyo Drift (along with his g/f in the plane going down the endless runway scene)...Jet Li doesn't really fit, Jackie Chan's too old...and an Asian female actress just doesn't seem to fit with Diesel unless it was Devon Aoki (Tokyo Drift), which also makes less sense going forward since the theoretical 8th movie will unlikely to be set in Asia again, although you never know, they could do Singapore/Hong Kong/Shanghai.