2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
Too bad Timberlake can't join the SNL cast for a year. He kills it everytime.

Makes you wonder why though......it it the writing they do for him or his comedy skills or a combo of both? I don't watch that often but i do like the clips i see of JT on the show.

I have a feeling that if JT was there all year it would only take a month or so before he was stuck doing some lame sketch trying to get over a 'catch phrase'.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
Anybody else looking forward to Bates Motel on A&E?

Absolutely. I want to check it out for sure. Not sure how I feel about the fact that it's set in modern time but still I have high hope for it.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Absolutely. I want to check it out for sure. Not sure how I feel about the fact that it's set in modern time but still I have high hope for it.

It is? That makes no sense. Hope it's good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 05:42 PM)
Aren't you getting into Sherlock right now?

It seems recreating old s*** for present day is all the rage.

Touché, but Bates Motel is a prequel series, while Sherlock is just updated version.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 05:39 AM)
Love Shameless, but that was way to easy of an ending last night to keep the house.

The whole V, Kevin, and mom thing is so icky but I can't stop laughing. Periscope down.

I laughed out loud at "Periscope down." Kevin also had another good line with "Be careful, Frank. You're gonna wake up and find your dick in a ziploc in his freezer."

The entire scene in the down syndrome family support group was absolute money.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 12:03 AM)
I laughed out loud at "Periscope down." Kevin also had another good line with "Be careful, Frank. You're gonna wake up and find your dick in a ziploc in his freezer."

The entire scene in the down syndrome family support group was absolute money.

And Frank wearing the "I Am A Retard" shirt around was perfect...right down to getting punched in the balls by the Downs girl.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
Touché, but Bates Motel is a prequel series, while Sherlock is just updated version.

Yeah, I guess Bates Motel is much more of a reboot than a true to the original prequel. But I'm ok with that. This looks like it could be pretty good anyway, just not what older fans of Psycho like myself thought it might be. Clearly, this is a Norman for a new generation.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
Any tv show like that is going to require quite a bit of suspended belief. High profile mass murders who commit high profile crimes, generally dont escape long.

That being said, I actually enjoy it. But no part of me believes that this could really happen.

I think they would have been better served doing it as a mini-series. It started out really strong, but has become more and more ridiculous as they've had to stretch fill a full season. And Killer Joe's overly-mannered, sing-songy voice has started to become real f***ing annoying.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
Any tv show like that is going to require quite a bit of suspended belief. High profile mass murders who commit high profile crimes, generally dont escape long.

That being said, I actually enjoy it. But no part of me believes that this could really happen.

I'm going to give it to the end of the season. New characters brought in ever episode or so. It's getting old.