2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Really? I love it. The new characters I thought were great. The doctor is the creepiest tv character I've ever seen.

That doctor was really creepy and interesting, and I just meant I don't like that he is captive in Venezuela. I want to see him vs. the CIA, not him vs. bounty hunters.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/stor...amp;.lang=en-us

Sir Anthony Hopkins Binge-Watched 'Breaking Bad,' Wrote Bryan Cranston a Fan Letter | Yahoo TV

Dear Mister Cranston. I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bulls*** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearean or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 08:40 AM)
Eastbound and Down has been funny as heck this season.

I thought the first 2 were pretty dumb, but the last one was awesome. f***ing Stevie kills me. That scene with him and Kenny and April in the parking lot was hilarious.

EDIT: Looks like someone else liked it too.

Edited by Chilihead90

Haha, a scene from Tim Allen's show "Last Man Standing" had me rolling just now. Part of the episode was focused on his daughter choosing a sorority over her boyfriend. In the end it's Mike (Tim Allen) and his wife in the kitchen....

Wife - "I'm just worried about who our daughters will end up with"

Mike - "Yeah, well they can't all win the lottery like you did when you got me"

Wife - "Yeah, but you'll remember that most lottery winners end up killing themselves"

Mike - "And you'll remember that most of them end up blowing their winnings!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
Haha, a scene from Tim Allen's show "Last Man Standing" had me rolling just now. Part of the episode was focused on his daughter choosing a sorority over her boyfriend. In the end it's Mike (Tim Allen) and his wife in the kitchen....

Wife - "I'm just worried about who our daughters will end up with"

Mike - "Yeah, well they can't all win the lottery like you did when you got me"

Wife - "Yeah, but you'll remember that most lottery winners end up killing themselves"

Mike - "And you'll remember that most of them end up blowing their winnings!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty good.

I just got around to it - "The Birthday Boys", an IFC sketch show produced by (and starring) Bob Odenkirk and The Birthday Boys, is simply fantastic. A complete throwback to the screwiness that has been missing since "Mr. Show" left the air. Sure, it was f***ing weird and off the wall, but man, I hope you guys check this out.

I laughed out loud more than I have on pretty much anything this year. We will see if they can follow up the premiere with another strong episode.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
Easily the best directed and most emotional episode of The Walking Dead ever. I like the show, but this was the first time that I've ever felt like I was watching great film making since I've followed the show.

Agreed it was a good episode, though there were still some DERRRRRR moments:

(1) again not following any of its prior "rules" for zombies, the sick zombie kid moves around and finds a meal making zero noise. Though I did like the fake out they pulled, making you think that woman from the beginning was going to end up dead.

(2) the whole zombie fence thing was really dumb. By the end Rick explains he was going to get rid of the pigs anyway, but it wasn't really necessary. The zombies on the fence started coming after Rick. Why didn't he and Boondock Saints go for a drive and lead the zombies into the woods? More problematic, he sacrifices the pigs and then.....what? all the zombies leave? Why wouldn't they just eat the pigs and immediately turn back to the fence?

(3) More humorous than illogical, but it cracked me up that people kept talking about needing to stay away from sick people and yet the "cabinet" or leadership circle or whatever they call it confronts someone who is coughing...

Also,

isn't the bad guy kind of obvious? We've all seen scripted dramas before. How is the "bad guy" not going to be D'Angelo? He's the only new character in the show and the show always concentrates on the main cast. So it's either him or some random stranger we've never seen before. And if it's some random stranger, that'd be some pretty awful writing. Wait, I think I just talked myself out of my own answer.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 12:21 AM)
Alright, I have the first 5 episodes of The Blacklist sitting on the DVR. Is this worth starting?

I didn't care for the pilot. Didn't make a lot of sense to me but I know some people that like it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 07:07 AM)
Absolutely. I'm really enjoying it. One of the best characters for James Spader in quite a while.

Me & the Balta spouse agree with this sentiment, it's quite well done except for the ungodly annoying soundtrack.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 08:20 AM)
lol at this post

When did James Spader become a fantastic character actor?

I didn't say he was a fantastic character actor. I meant that his character on this show is great...much better than his Robert California disaster on The Office and different than his character on Boston Legal.

Way to take a post and turn it so you could make a smartass remark.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 08:50 AM)
I didn't say he was a fantastic character actor. I meant that his character on this show is great...much better than his Robert California disaster on The Office and different than his character on Boston Legal.

Way to take a post and turn it so you could make a smartass remark.

That's my specialty.