2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 07:09 AM)
That was great. My question was

was Carrie's going into the mental institution in the first place part of the plan, or did Saul cook up the sting once she was in?

My thinking is that once Carrie called her dad and told him to contact Saul, that Saul cooked up this plan for Carrie to accept the weird guy's offer, so she could get out, and then they would use his info against him. I don't think it was planned from the beginning otherwise she wouldn't have been acting so crazy when she was alone (unless you mean it was Saul's plan the whole time and Carrie wasn't in on it until the end).

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
My thinking is that once Carrie called her dad and told him to contact Saul, that Saul cooked up this plan for Carrie to accept the weird guy's offer, so she could get out, and then they would use his info against him. I don't think it was planned from the beginning otherwise she wouldn't have been acting so crazy when she was alone (unless you mean it was Saul's plan the whole time and Carrie wasn't in on it until the end).

The more I think about it, I tend to agree. It wasn't like she was acting crazy only around other people.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
Black List is fantastic. It's worth watching for Spader alone. I wish it had a more overall story rather than a problem of the week setup, but thats a problem with a lot network tv shows. Other than that, it's a great show.

Yeah, I hoping it takes a Justified approach where the 1st season is purely episodic to appeal to infrequent viewers, and then once they build a steady returning viewership over the course of a season, the rest of the future seasons can be sagatic.

Another real good episode of Masters of Sex. Still can't figure out exactly how Libby got....to what she is right now. I thought it was a ruse to get Bill to come clean, but now it appears it is real, and at 5 months in, what's the story here?

Also, I am finding this season of Boardwalk pretty boring. I can't believe Sunday was the 7th episode. It feels like it's only 3 or 4 episodes, I don't recall anything major happening so far, and no major battle developing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Black List is fantastic. It's worth watching for Spader alone. I wish it had a more overall story rather than a problem of the week setup, but thats a problem with a lot network tv shows. Other than that, it's a great show.

I think there's a bit of an overall story building with the mystery behind Lizzie's husband. It will be interesting to see how that's handled.

And, I'm glad to see someone else agrees about Spader in this series.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 07:07 AM)
I think there's a bit of an overall story building with the mystery behind Lizzie's husband. It will be interesting to see how that's handled.

And, I'm glad to see someone else agrees about Spader in this series.

They're definitely building that story gradually, there were quite a few references to it last night, they introduced some new motivation for Reddington's character last night, and next week clearly deals with some portion of that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 03:56 AM)
Another real good episode of Masters of Sex. Still can't figure out exactly how Libby got....to what she is right now. I thought it was a ruse to get Bill to come clean, but now it appears it is real, and at 5 months in, what's the story here?

Also, I am finding this season of Boardwalk pretty boring. I can't believe Sunday was the 7th episode. It feels like it's only 3 or 4 episodes, I don't recall anything major happening so far, and no major battle developing.

Well, O'Banion is about to go. And something is definitely going down with Chalky, Narcisse, and Purnsley soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Chalky.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
If they stick to the historical time line there is going to be a lot of Chicago action soon. Capone's brother is dead and Torrio just got cheated on the Brewery...

Its not really a spoiler, but I wont spell it out.

That's OK, because I did. Two posts up.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Season 3 of Sherlock will be returning on January 19th!

Good to hear. The 90 min run time made it hard for me to watch marathon style but watched one every other day or so on Netflix.

I never watched Modern Family during it's initial run on ABC (other than a time or two) but now that it's on USA I've managed to watch it for a week or two (roughly 12 episodes or so) and I got to ask......does this show EVER get funny????

Oh my Lord.....I have never seen a show so over-rated like this one.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
I never watched Modern Family during it's initial run on ABC (other than a time or two) but now that it's on USA I've managed to watch it for a week or two (roughly 12 episodes or so) and I got to ask......does this show EVER get funny????

I find the show relatively funny, but I find it extremely overrated. It's just so damn predictable I think. I prefer Parks N Rec by a wide margin, hell, I prefer the other 6 or 7 comedies I like more.

I am starting to catch up on S2 of Revolution. One thing I have noticed about this season is it seems to be a lot funnier, which helps lighten the entirely too serious mood of the 1st season. The scene where the guy tells Myles about how his dad spoke of this legendary ranger in Texas named Walker was hilarious. And then Aaron had some funny liners as well. I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)

Completely agree with you.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
I am starting to catch up on S2 of Revolution. One thing I have noticed about this season is it seems to be a lot funnier, which helps lighten the entirely too serious mood of the 1st season. The scene where the guy tells Myles about how his dad spoke of this legendary ranger in Texas named Walker was hilarious. And then Aaron had some funny liners as well. I'll keep watching.

I'm one of the weirdos that actually liked Walker Texas Ranger(love me some cheesy action shows/movies)so I enjoyed that as well.

Not saying it's amazing but I've enjoyed everything about this season of Revolution, it's kept me extremely entertained through out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
Boardwalk Empire is killing it so far in this season, such a great show. Narcisse is such a solid villain.

This season actually inspired me to drop it. It's just a mini series that's been dragged out. It could have been condensed into 4 episodes and ended after Jimmy's death. Richard is the only compelling character and it's due to him being sympathetic. Nucky is incredibly unlikable and downright creepy. Chalky is boring and one dimensional. The historical connections were fun, but old and tired. Van Alden has been stripped of any characteristics that made him compelling. He went from a sadistic zealot to an infantile moron who's scared of his own shadow. Meh, it's just boring television that exists because it's a cash cow.