2013 TV Thread

knightni

Finally caught up on Masters of Sex. Not sure if I was 2 episodes behind, or if the internet just is 1 episode ahead, but man this show is great. I won't say what happened in the last episode, in case it hasn't aired yet, but 2 episodes ago, man that scene at the end with Virginia and Bill in his office was really powerful by Michael Sheen. Up until then he had seemed rather inhuman about the whole baby thing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
I'm excited for tonight. The wifey and I can catch up on the last episode of Homeland, Masters of Sex and Boardwalk.

Boardwalk was awesome. Homeland was very good as well, in a couple different ways.

Just got in to The Newsroom last night. I was informed by my profs that as a Journalism and T-Comm student, I HAD to watch this show. I watched the pilot and I loved it. I hope it doesn't get too political like the first scene of the show was, but the stuff actually taking place in the newsroom was great. It was funny how much I could relate to the show. We use the name news source software that they do, iNews, so when I heard the little "beeeep" sounds in the background I immediately recognized that they use the same system. And the jokes about the BP oil spill being "only a yellow" were spot on. We hear our computers beep constantly all day long and 90% of the time they are the yellow stories that are things like lottery drawings or sports updates. We get a handful of oranges a day, which are actual breaking news stories and major developments. I can't remember if it eventually went RED by the end of the pilot episode, but I've been told that red NEVER happens. My profs told me that even when 9/11 happened, it was orange. Hurricane Katrina was orange. Boston bombings was orange. The only time any of us have ever seen RED was when Nokia released some new smart phone last year. LOL. Someone clearly f***ed up on the AP line and made that story red instead of yellow. The newsroom almost had a freak out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)
It gets relatively political. The best stuff is how the show is run and the process of getting stories IMO.

Just the idea of him going on air without a rundown or a prompter made me feel extreme anxiety just watching it. lol. I get so flustered when the prompter goes down or we have to float a story during the middle of a show, I can't imagine just ad-libbing a major event on national TV. That was intense for me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
Thank you to the posters here who said that Eastbound & Down was back. Season 1 was obviously a great joy, 2 was a downer, and I didn't get into season 3.

I started season 4 this weekend, and it's f***ing hilarious.

I watched season 3 over the weekend. It was ok Stevie was almost to creepy to watch that whole season.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
Stevie is gold in every scene of Eastbound.

Last night's episode was another great one. Only two episodes left and I just hope they can finish it off in a strong way.

I can't believe they are ending the series again after only 1 comeback season. Pump another 2-3 out of this show, it's riding real high right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)
I can't believe they are ending the series again after only 1 comeback season. Pump another 2-3 out of this show, it's riding real high right now.

I think they would rather go out on top. Everyone was pretty disappointed in season 3 when they thought that was how the series finished out

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 06:27 PM)
Anybody still wasting 30 minutes of their week on HIMYM? Last night's episode was so god awful but I'm in it until the end.

I was gonna post the same thing last night. Sucks, it's just all over the place and not very funny. Only nine episodes to go.

Anybody still wasting 30 minutes of their week on HIMYM? Last night's episode was so god awful but I'm in it until the end.

Same boat. Just get Marshall there so Sherri Shepard goes away

Alan Sepinwall summed up the downfall of HIMYM much more eloquently than I ever could...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...ttle-tenderness