2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)
The show is so ridiculously unrealistic. Here's another example, probably the 90th since the beginning of the series, where Carrie's actions should have gotten here fired immediately. Of course she'll explain how important it was to stop that guy from killing the bomber and everyone will sort of forget about her compromising yet another operation. So laughably unbelievable but somehow I still find the show quite entertaining.

Well yeah, her constant disregard for authority and reckless behavior should have had her fired and never allowed near Langley in S1, but I think we've all at this point just accepted that they will always be forgiving of her actions.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 07:34 PM)
I must be missing something. Outside of Carrie, I don't care about anyone on here now, and with the soapy baby storyline, I'm now annoyed.

Hope the home stretch of the season is better.

I dont watch the show but most of my friends who do watch it are over it.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 05:03 AM)
Oh my god, that Gillian storyline in Boardwalk. What a big f***ing facepalm. Really? That was quite the elaborate and far thought out plan.

Despite it being a good moment for that actress, that whole scenario relies on too many "ifs" for me. I'm still not sure that I like it.

And as much as I like Chalky, there's been way too much of him and "Daughter" for me. Too boring.

The dinner scene with Nucky and Eli was pretty great though. Setting up for a great finale.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Despite it being a good moment for that actress, that whole scenario relies on too many "ifs" for me. I'm still not sure that I like it.

And as much as I like Chalky, there's been way too much of him and "Daughter" for me. Too boring.

The dinner scene with Nucky and Eli was pretty great though. Setting up for a great finale.

Chalky and Narcisse and "Daughter" have bored me to death all season, same with Gillian. Same with Patricia Arquette's character. I just overall have not liked this season at all outside of a few awesome Capone brothers and Van Alden scenes. I really hope next season is more about those guys. I think I saw an interview with Terrance Winter where he said that each season Al Capone was supposed to start taking over more of the series. I hope it happens soon.

I finished The Newsroom a couple days ago. I like it. S2 was really boring me until they started their Red Team episodes for the Genoa story. Got exponentially better after that. Although the Occupy Walstreet thing kind of tapered off. I wonder if that will be bigger in S3? I guess I could just look up what were the big news stories in between then and now and figure it out.

Since I am now caught up on like my 20th show, at least, I decided to start watching Entourage. I typically never have any interest in a show that's already concluded, but I've always really loved the concept of the show, and somehow I've never had anything in the show spoiled for me. Because I've seen a few episodes randomly on Comedy Central, I know there is a big storyline about Vince either doing or not doing an Aquaman movie, but I don't know how that turns out and I know no other storylines, so this should all be fresh for me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
Anyone watch "Almost Human"? Worth catching?

It was intriguing and so far decent. Hard to know where it's going, can't see a coherent story line yet. Its what it promised, a cross between a cop show and a sci-fi show so far. If you're a fan of those genres probably worth checking out.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
The show is so ridiculously unrealistic. Here's another example, probably the 90th since the beginning of the series, where Carrie's actions should have gotten here fired immediately. Of course she'll explain how important it was to stop that guy from killing the bomber and everyone will sort of forget about her compromising yet another operation. So laughably unbelievable but somehow I still find the show quite entertaining.

A show written by the folks who brought us 24 unrealistic? Come on!

Also, just sit back and enjoy the entertainment. Suspend that disbelief, b****!

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 11:52 PM)
Not sure who all here watches Person of Interest besides me....but DAMN I love this show.......another kick ass week.

That show is solid. Next week looks even better than this week.

SOA last night. Ho-lee s***. :o

I've been waiting for somebody to kill Clay for a year or so now. I liked his character in a way but it didn't hit me as hard as when Opie died. Glad to see Galen finally gone as well.

I saw Alvarez in the previews for the next episode. For some reason I thought he was dead.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 09:17 AM)

I agree that was a very crazy scenario, although I wonder how much the Commodore's old friends was involved, they showed him happy when she was getting arrested.

I have a feeling Chalky is still gonna be a key character in the show, if not then a lot of that was a waste of time. Maybe his new friends in the country will come join the war.

Yeah, it seems as if Nucky knows what's going on, so that should be interesting.