2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
I agree that was a very crazy scenario, although I wonder how much the Commodore's old friends was involved, they showed him happy when she was getting arrested.

I have a feeling Chalky is still gonna be a key character in the show, if not then a lot of that was a waste of time. Maybe his new friends in the country will come join the war.

Yeah, it seems as if Nucky knows what's going on, so that should be interesting.

The Commodore's friend, Leander, said he set it up. And I think it's clear that Chalky's old mentor's men are going to help him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damnit Boardwalk Empire. I'll give everyone a couple days to catch up, but without getting too specific, it's obvious at least 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 people die at the end of each season, and the person who died last in the episode really pisses me off. Not that it didn't make sense, but it just makes me care a little less about next season.

I still didn't like this season overall, I think it was easily the worst of the 4 seasons, but tonight's episode was really strong and they set up for some interesting things next season with a late twist.

So I have high hopes for next week's Walking Dead episode, and I kind of understand why the last 3 episodes were necessary, but damn have they been pretty boring.

I've read the comics, so I believe

this is going to be where the Governor and his people attack (obviously) and they turn on him. Rick and Carl flee on their own and that's how the episode ends. I'm really hoping this is true because there are some good stories after they leave the prison, and they NEED to leave the prison. Hopefully they meet Abraham and encounter the cannibals this season and then next involves their journey to Alexandria. They need a change of scenery!

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
So I have high hopes for next week's Walking Dead episode, and I kind of understand why the last 3 episodes were necessary, but damn have they been pretty boring.

I've read the comics, so I believe

this is going to be where the Governor and his people attack (obviously) and they turn on him. Rick and Carl flee on their own and that's how the episode ends. I'm really hoping this is true because there are some good stories after they leave the prison, and they NEED to leave the prison. Hopefully they meet Abraham and encounter the cannibals this season and then next involves their journey to Alexandria. They need a change of scenery!

My expectations on this show have been lowered quite a bit. The governor storyline is very forced this year. It should have been intermingled more throughout the season. It seems like as the season was going nowhere they decided, hey lets do this, AGAIN.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
My expectations on this show have been lowered quite a bit. The governor storyline is very forced this year. It should have been intermingled more throughout the season. It seems like as the season was going nowhere they decided, hey lets do this, AGAIN.

I actually thought the Governor storyline was an interesting sidebar to the current story. And looking at the upcoming week preview, I like what I saw.

I have a feeling some significant characters are gonna bite the dust next week. Hopefully not Darryl, but I think that would be a shock that people would hate and love

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
http://screenrant.com/true-detective-trail...-boil-hbo-2014/

This looks like it will be a good one

Other than the 2 staring actors, what's interesting about this show? Maybe I'm missing the storyline, but it just seems like a show about 2 detectives who solve murders, possibly a serial killer?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 01:47 AM)
Other than the 2 staring actors, what's interesting about this show? Maybe I'm missing the storyline, but it just seems like a show about 2 detectives who solve murders, possibly a serial killer?

There is nothing to it, just a show about 2 detectives that solve murders, and possibly a serial killer.

Boardwalk. Wow. The last ten minutes I was on the edge of my seat. Not sure that I liked how it all wrapped up or where the show is headed from here. But still, wow.

My biggest "gripe" would be that

I find it hard to believe that Richard would have missed that shot. He's an expert marksman. Everything we've been told/shown is that he's amazing with a gun. I found that whole thing kind of difficult to believe. And sadly, just because of TV history, you knew with the goodbye scene in the train station he was dead. I hate when shows do that.

Also, why did Eli get shipped off to Chicago? While I like the idea of Van Alden, Eli and Capone all together, if that black leader was going to take the wrap for the murder of the FBI agent, why would Eli have to leave (and leave his family)? Just because of Nucky?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
Boardwalk. Wow. The last ten minutes I was on the edge of my seat. Not sure that I liked how it all wrapped up or where the show is headed from here. But still, wow.

My biggest "gripe" would be that

I find it hard to believe that Richard would have missed that shot. He's an expert marksman. Everything we've been told/shown is that he's amazing with a gun. I found that whole thing kind of difficult to believe. And sadly, just because of TV history, you knew with the goodbye scene in the train station he was dead. I hate when shows do that.

Also, why did Eli get shipped off to Chicago? While I like the idea of Van Alden, Eli and Capone all together, if that black leader was going to take the wrap for the murder of the FBI agent, why would Eli have to leave (and leave his family)? Just because of Nucky?

Narcisse wasn't taking the wrap for the murder. He was threatened with deportation if he didn't become an informant.

Richard's scene wasn't about his marksmanship, it was about hesitation. He was no longer the killer he had been. He discovered his humanity. The scene where his sister shot the dog symbolized this. It mirrored the scene when he was contemplating suicide in the woods from a couple years ago. The dog represented his fight in both scenes.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
Narcisse wasn't taking the wrap for the murder. He was threatened with deportation if he didn't become an informant.

Richard's scene wasn't about his marksmanship, it was about hesitation. He was no longer the killer he had been. He discovered his humanity. The scene where his sister shot the dog symbolized this. It mirrored the scene when he was contemplating suicide in the woods from a couple years ago. The dog represented his fight in both scenes.

I meant Marcus Garvey, not Narcisse. Clearly Eli is being cleared of it, I just wonder why Eli couldn't at least take his family with him if Nucky was going to allow him to live but in exile.

And yeah, I get the arc, I just..I dunno that I bought it totally. Afterall, he did end up pulling the trigger. I just have a hard time believing he'd make a mistake like that AFTER committing to doing it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)

I meant Marcus Garvey, not Narcisse. Clearly Eli is being cleared of it, I just wonder why Eli couldn't at least take his family with him if Nucky was going to allow him to live but in exile.

And yeah, I get the arc, I just..I dunno that I bought it totally. Afterall, he did end up pulling the trigger. I just have a hard time believing he'd make a mistake like that AFTER committing to doing it.

Eli is on the run. He wasn't cleared of it.

With Richard, he hesitated and the girl stepped in front. It was kind of convoluted, but they needed to figure out a way to get him off the show. His story had definitely run it's course.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 07:11 AM)
I'm sure there is more to it than that. I've heard about it for a year now and sounds and looks good.

Well I'm sure there is too, I'm just wondering what it is without having to dig through the website or read some previews on the show. I'm interested in it regardless because of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, but I am wondering how I would explain this show to my parents who are always looking for new shows to watch, without making it seem like The Killing rebooted.

And about Boardwalk, Harrow didn't miss his shot, the daughter just happened to step in to frame the second he pulled the trigger. He was lined up perfectly on Narcisse and that's where the bullet went, it was just bad luck, his hesitation in taking the shot earlier, and his lack of focus to check the scene out right before he pulled the trigger. I hate that he's gone, but like someone said, his storyline was over with. Really, he was tied to Jimmy's storyline anyway, so he had been hanging on for a couple seasons simply because he was a fan favorite.