2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 03:19 AM)
God damnit Boardwalk Empire. I'll give everyone a couple days to catch up, but without getting too specific, it's obvious at least 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 people die at the end of each season, and the person who died last in the episode really pisses me off. Not that it didn't make sense, but it just makes me care a little less about next season.

I still didn't like this season overall, I think it was easily the worst of the 4 seasons, but tonight's episode was really strong and they set up for some interesting things next season with a late twist.

I really liked the season, but I was expecting a major character to die but they didn't. You knew the agent wasn't sticking around and Richard was on and off again, and like people said his story had run is course.

I expect Chicago to become the major storyline next season with Capone taking over, I wonder if Eli will play a big role or just be a lower level pawn.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
I really liked the season, but I was expecting a major character to die but they didn't. You knew the agent wasn't sticking around and Richard was on and off again, and like people said his story had run is course.

I expect Chicago to become the major storyline next season with Capone taking over, I wonder if Eli will play a big role or just be a lower level pawn.

I actually was thinking Warren Knox was a real person, so I was really surprised when he died actually. Then I looked him up and realized he was fictional.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
Been going through SIX FEET UNDER on HBOGO. I like it but its so dark and depressing. Tough to do marathon style at times.

Everytime I watch it, Michael C Halls character just throws me off. You can kind of see Dexter in him, but then not so much

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Everytime I watch it, Michael C Halls character just throws me off. You can kind of see Dexter in him, but then not so much

It's odd to see the goody two shoes dad from Parenthood screwing and being so off.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
Jesus people on social media won't shut up about the Walking Dead. But this must be what it felt like for those who didn't watch Breaking Bad when it was finishing up this fall.

A lot of key character deaths, I'm not surprised twitter blew up at all

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)

Not really a spoiler, but I think the comic book version of tonight's episode was so much better.

Source material usually is better, I'm not surprised. It seems like most of the characters killed in the comic during this battle were killed, save

Tyrese

But his character really hasn't gotten an opportunity

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I know Homeland has its fair share of haters, but tonight was as good as an hour of TV can be IMO. Incredible.

I'll watch later but it better be incredible or I will come here to complain about it more than I usually do!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
Source material usually is better, I'm not surprised. It seems like most of the characters killed in the comic during this battle were killed, save

Tyrese

But his character really hasn't gotten an opportunity

Agree with you on source material in general. Unfortunately, this particular part of the comics just felt much more game-changing IMO. Probably because there were a lot more characters killed in the prison attack and some of them were a lot more important in the comics than the TV show.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
Mid season finale of Walking Dead was excellent

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)
Top 3 episode of the entire series. Sucks that my favorite character died though.

I agree. I thought it was great. Apparently Herschel was my girlfriend's favorite character as well. I wasn't bothered by it and having read the comics I had predicted before that he wouldn't make it. I thought for sure Bob and Beth were going to die as well though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)

Which? I totally thought Eli was getting the axe the past few episodes.

I'd be perfectly fine with Chicago becoming the main storyline. While Nucky is still technically the main character, the show has become more decentralized every season. The Chicago parts are my favorite scenes every episode.

Re: Homeland

Setting up for quite the finish. I want to punch Lockhart every time he's on screen, what a tool.