2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
Which? I totally thought Eli was getting the axe the past few episodes.

I'd be perfectly fine with Chicago becoming the main storyline. While Nucky is still technically the main character, the show has become more decentralized every season. The Chicago parts are my favorite scenes every episode.

Re: Homeland

Setting up for quite the finish. I want to punch Lockhart every time he's on screen, what a tool.

I forgot where I read it but I saw that they were going to start shifting the focus of the show to Capone and Chicago.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
Terrance Winter said it in an interview over the summer, or maybe you just read me repeating that in this thread a couple times.

I saw that interview as well but you're probably correct that I read you saying it as well. I'm very happy with the focus shifting to Capone though.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
I saw that interview as well but you're probably correct that I read you saying it as well. I'm very happy with the focus shifting to Capone though.

The Chicago characters are the most interesting characters left since Harrow went soft this season. I would love to see a time jump to when Capone is running everything and then John Dillinger comes in to the scene a couple years later. Dillinger was big around 1933, and the latest season of Boardwalk ended in 1925. I guess it would be hard to get to Dillinger until a few seasons down the road after Capone's imprisonment.

Also, just read through wikipedia, and a spoiler for anyone who didn't know the history with Johnny Torio, but,

I had no idea he SURVIVED that assassination attempt by Bugs Moran. I knew someone said that he was actually shot like 6 times from point blank and didn't immediately die, but I assumed he died in the hospital. Nope. Went on to live long after that. Crazy.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
Which? I totally thought Eli was getting the axe the past few episodes.

I'd be perfectly fine with Chicago becoming the main storyline. While Nucky is still technically the main character, the show has become more decentralized every season. The Chicago parts are my favorite scenes every episode.

Re: Homeland

Setting up for quite the finish. I want to punch Lockhart every time he's on screen, what a tool.

I assumed Eli, Chalky, or Narcisse would go. I do enjoy the Chicago storyline, so another Atlantic City death or two could have been a good crossover.

Oh Christ, you have to be kidding. I loved season 1 of Homeland, and really liked season 2, but season 3 has been pretty bad up to this point. Too much Dana, too much Crazy Claire Danes Carrie, and totally unbelievable in parts (they literally shot her because she compromised a mission for personal reasons and 2 weeks later is allowed in the situation room during a covert CIA operation. GMAFB). I love that it's finally coming together and I hope it continues, but the first 5 episodes were not good television.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Oh Christ, you have to be kidding. I loved season 1 of Homeland, and really liked season 2, but season 3 has been pretty bad up to this point. Too much Dana, too much Crazy Claire Danes Carrie, and totally unbelievable in parts (they literally shot her because she compromised a mission for personal reasons and 2 weeks later is allowed in the situation room during a covert CIA operation. GMAFB). I love that it's finally coming together and I hope it continues, but the first 5 episodes were not good television.

Season 3 has been phenomenal. Dana was the focal point of what? One episode? You have got to be kidding.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:24 AM)
Season 3 has been phenomenal. Dana was the focal point of what? One episode? You have got to be kidding.

What's been so good about it?

And any Dana is too much Dana. The entire Brody family shouldn't be a part of the show. They add nothing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
What's been so good about it?

And any Dana is too much Dana. The entire Brody family shouldn't be a part of the show. They add nothing.

Well for show's sake maybe they're phasing them out...and if they're doing that, wouldn't it make sense to show the characters and finish their story early in the season? I don't see the Brody family being an important part for the rest of the series. All 3 seasons have been great, and season 1 is still the best.

QUOTE (onedude @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
Well for show's sake maybe they're phasing them out...and if they're doing that, wouldn't it make sense to show the characters and finish their story early in the season? I don't see the Brody family being an important part for the rest of the series. All 3 seasons have been great, and season 1 is still the best.

I didn't think there was a need to bring them back at all. Maybe one episode that shows they've had difficulty moving on and that's that. But it's pretty clear that the future goal is to get Brody to somehow reconnect with at least Dana if not his entire family. Otherwise there would be no point in concentrating on Dana so much.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
I was surprised it wasnt

Darryl.

I was prepared for it, it would have been very "shocking"

No way they're killing that character off anytime soon. Fan favorite, and has unresolved story issues. Maybe if they suddenly spent a few episodes focusing on him/her, then I'd get worried.

More screen time => You are in trouble

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
No way they're killing that character off anytime soon. Fan favorite, and has unresolved story issues. Maybe if they suddenly spent a few episodes focusing on him/her, then I'd get worried.

More screen time => You are in trouble

The unresolved story issues I agree with, but fan favorite doesnt mean anything, otherwise Herchel would still be around, lol.

If I were the remaining group with Rick, I would seriously just go find another prison to take over.