2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
Is anyone watching Low Winter Sun?

I've recorded the first 4 so I'm in a position where I don't miss the next great AMC show, but likely wouldn't watch it until BB is done and I can just cruise through the whole season.

Good? Bad? Average?

It got cancelled. Guess not everything AMC touches turns to gold. Heard it was just awful.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
Guy interviewed kirstie alley for an hour and a half and it was awesome. The guy is amazing at what he does. He entertains for four hours a day.

Easily. Since going to Satellite, easily the best radio show I've ever heard. The people who knock him are the ones that don't listen.

His stuff with Metallica and Lady Gaga were great as well.

So I was at my buddies house tonight doing laundry and he asked if it was cool if he watched a couple episodes of Breaking Bad (I finally convinced him to start watching). I said of course, and we watched probably 4 episodes tonight while the longest washer and dryer in the world did their thing. So anyway, we watched the episode towards the end of S4 when Skyler goes over to Ted's house to convince him to pay the IRS his back taxes. When he goes to answer the door when she arrives, he catches his foot on a rug and trips a little as he goes to the door. And then the next episode he obviously takes that hilarious tumble and breaks his neck. But I never noticed the slight and subtle trip he takes the episode prior that foreshadows it. Just another great little thing I pick up on each time I watch Breaking Bad, even when it's the 5th and 6th times I see an episode.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 02:18 AM)
Ehrmegerd, Homeland sooo good tonight. This will be a long week.

Excellent episode. When

Brody killed Akbari, I was sort of expecting him to to. My wife was totally surprised, though. I wonder, though, if he did it because that was his plan all along or because Carrie was there.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 07:19 AM)
Excellent episode. When

Brody killed Akbari, I was sort of expecting him to to. My wife was totally surprised, though. I wonder, though, if he did it because that was his plan all along or because Carrie was there.

I think he did it because he realized he had to do something right now or he was about to be toast

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
Easily. Since going to Satellite, easily the best radio show I've ever heard. The people who knock him are the ones that don't listen.

He's so full of himself it gets old. I listened basically every day when I had Sirius and after about 6-8 months I couldn't do it anymore. I switched to Opie and Anthony but they suffered from the same problem (though much faster).

Sadly I'm stuck with Mike & Mike or Mulley and (ugh) Hanley in the mornings.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
I think he did it because he realized he had to do something right now or he was about to be toast

I was pretty sure he was going to do it, but there was a little doubt that maybe he had turned again (pretty believable if you suddenly realize that you're an expendable asset). Kudos to Damian Lewis for that.

Setting up for a good finale next week.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
He's so full of himself it gets old. I listened basically every day when I had Sirius and after about 6-8 months I couldn't do it anymore. I switched to Opie and Anthony but they suffered from the same problem (though much faster).

Sadly I'm stuck with Mike & Mike or Mulley and (ugh) Hanley in the mornings.

Full of himself? He constantly puts himself down. If you're talking about how he thinks he revolutionized radio, he's right.

Opie and Anthony are awful. They come of as unprepared and uninterested in everything. Plus the just constantly swear and it gets old.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)

I was pretty sure he was going to do it, but there was a little doubt that maybe he had turned again (pretty believable if you suddenly realize that you're an expendable asset). Kudos to Damian Lewis for that.

Setting up for a good finale next week.

I agree. I was thinking he was going to but I really wasn't sure. I could have seen it going the other way as well.

I really hope

they kill Brody off

in the finale. I feel it would set up next season better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)

Howard still has the best show on radio, hands down.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
Full of himself? He constantly puts himself down. If you're talking about how he thinks he revolutionized radio, he's right.

Opie and Anthony are awful. They come of as unprepared and uninterested in everything. Plus the just constantly swear and it gets old.

If he doesn't like someone or some entity it's always their fault and not his. I can't remember who his guest was, someone along the lines of Alyssa Milano or Jennifer Love Hewitt (sorta of a B-list star that everyone knows from a show back in the day), but she wasn't interested in divulging secrets about her sex life and when the call was over he and Robin railed on her for being too up tight. It's that kind of stuff that just got old after a while. He always seems to infer that he's so much better than everyone else, even if he does make fun of himself too. To me he's Letterman 2.0. 20 years ago he was groundbreaking and amazing at what he did. Now? Meh. Not a must listen.

I listened to Opie and Anthony when they had Jim Norton and Patrice O'Neal on all the time (3-4 years ago). They were funny because of their conversations. If it was just the two of them they were pretty awful.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
If he doesn't like someone or some entity it's always their fault and not his. I can't remember who his guest was, someone along the lines of Alyssa Milano or Jennifer Love Hewitt (sorta of a B-list star that everyone knows from a show back in the day), but she wasn't interested in divulging secrets about her sex life and when the call was over he and Robin railed on her for being too up tight. It's that kind of stuff that just got old after a while. He always seems to infer that he's so much better than everyone else, even if he does make fun of himself too. To me he's Letterman 2.0. 20 years ago he was groundbreaking and amazing at what he did. Now? Meh. Not a must listen.

I listened to Opie and Anthony when they had Jim Norton and Patrice O'Neal on all the time (3-4 years ago). They were funny because of their conversations. If it was just the two of them they were pretty awful.

Dont go onto Howard's show if you arent going to answer questions. His show is awesome monday-wed, and the replays are fantastic as well as they put on shows from the 90s that were awesome.

And if he's cocky its because he's earned the right. The guy's style made it ok for people like opie and anthony to be on the radio, and Howard has gone from completely hated to being the most favorite judge on a mainstream TV show.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)

Yeah, I agree. I think Carrie tipping him off made him realize he has to prove his allegiance fast. And then when he started telling that guy the truth about everything, I had a feeling he would do something, and then when they showed the wide shot of them and the desk w/ the ash tray was in the foreground, it seemed very likely. No idea how he gets out of that situation though.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Yeah, I agree. I think Carrie tipping him off made him realize he has to prove his allegiance fast. And then when he started telling that guy the truth about everything, I had a feeling he would do something, and then when they showed the wide shot of them and the desk w/ the ash tray was in the foreground, it seemed very likely. No idea how he gets out of that situation though.

I thought he flipped and it surprised me that he still killed him.