2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
What awful shows are you forced to watch because of your significant other or children?

Mine is Project Runway. I've been watching it so long with my wife that I actually enjoy it now.

Lots of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jack and the Neverland Pirates.

Luckily the wife and I like the same shows other than sports for me and CW shows designed for 16 year olds for her.

What awful shows are you forced to watch because of your significant other or children?

Mine is Project Runway. I've been watching it so long with my wife that I actually enjoy it now.

My wife watches the trashiest of trashy reality tv, thank god we have multiple TVs in the house. Kardashians, Real Housewives, The Challenge(YES ITS f***ING TRASHY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK), Real World, Shahs of Sunset, Survivor, Big Brother.

I can tolerate the Survivors and Big Brothers, and I watch Top Chef with her, but i run and hide when the other crap is on. I would prefer to watch Spongebob and Adventure time with Jakob.

My daughter watches the Nick and Disney shows, Labrats, Victorious, shows like that. But she watches them in her own room.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
"You can't leave, your car is boxed in," oh, I'll leave my keys here and go to the bathroom for you. That was dumb.

I saw that coming the second he set his keys on the counter. When she wanted to leave and he said she was blocked in I told my wife that she was going to take his truck.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
I do not think Nero is back next year.

Why not? I don't see any reason he wouldn't be.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
I saw that coming the second he set his keys on the counter. When she wanted to leave and he said she was blocked in I told my wife that she was going to take his truck.

Why not? I don't see any reason he wouldn't be.

I thought it was his decision as an actor to not come back which is why he can ride off into the sunset. That was what I thought but i could be wrong, and I hope I am.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 01:13 PM)

Back in the day my wife liked to watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island. Gag!! When my daughter was young I watched a lot of Punky Brewster. Can I be forgiven if I admitted that sometimes I enjoyed it? My youngest daughter loved the Disney Channel. OMFG what crappy shows they had! Now I'm divorced and my kids are grown and I can watch whatever the f*** I want to watch. :D

Ha, I actually enjoy it now, too.

I watch "Vanderpump Rules" with my wife, and it's complete garbage and trash and I adore it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
My wife watches the trashiest of trashy reality tv, thank god we have multiple TVs in the house. Kardashians, Real Housewives, The Challenge(YES ITS f***ING TRASHY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK), Real World, Shahs of Sunset, Survivor, Big Brother.

I can tolerate the Survivors and Big Brothers, and I watch Top Chef with her, but i run and hide when the other crap is on. I would prefer to watch Spongebob and Adventure time with Jakob.

My daughter watches the Nick and Disney shows, Labrats, Victorious, shows like that. But she watches them in her own room.

You watch wrestling, stop hating on the reality tv shows. ;). The Challenge might as well be related to WWE.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
Ha, I actually enjoy it now, too.

I watch "Vanderpump Rules" with my wife, and it's complete garbage and trash and I adore it.

Vanderpump rules is hilarious. All these cast members appear so glamorous and cool yet they are f***ing servers and go back to these tiny little s***ty apartments they share with a roommate.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:29 AM)
You watch wrestling, stop hating on the reality tv shows. ;). The Challenge might as well be related to WWE.

I cans only takes so muchs of trash. WWE occupies 90 percent of my alloted amount

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
Vinny may be one of the most annoying animated characters ever. He's Family Guy's Jar Jar Binks.

I am so glad Brian is back.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
Agreed. He was even worse than “New Brian” who thankfully only lasted one episode.

There's an episode in the queue titled "Brian and Vinny...." do something I can't remember, so I think he's going to come back at some point.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)

There's an episode in the queue titled "Brian and Vinny...." do something I can't remember, so I think he's going to come back at some point.

I just read they are bringing another character back. Which should be pretty obvious if you know that his spin-off show was just canceled.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 02:10 AM)
Very bold move by them, although the writers may have been right when they said they tested this scenario midway through the season and the audience didn't seem to mind it much.

I don't think they had a choice.

If they didn't deal with Brody, next year would have been awful. I thought the finale was good, but I do find it difficult to believe that a CIA agent who defied her orders so many times (literally being shot at one point) and acted out of love to the world's most wanted terrorist instead of her country, would be handed the keys to a major region by a new CIA director who earlier this season wanted to ruin her career. That, and i'm not sure i'm going to buy that now that Brody is gone she'll put her country back on the top of the list of her priorities (which was her driving force in season 1 and then completely forgotten because of her love of Brody).

I really hope they can do a believable reboot next year. Get back to Carrie, Sal and the fringe characters solving some crazy terrorist plot. Leave the awful love stuff out of it.