2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
Have not. Wouldn't even attempt. Not into fantasy stuff.

Do you like medieval themed stuff? Because it's really more about knights/ladies and castles than fantasy. The fantasy stuff is really on the fringes.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 16, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Do you like medieval themed stuff? Because it's really more about knights/ladies and castles than fantasy. The fantasy stuff is really on the fringes.

And politics and intrigue. That is the hook for me, seeing all of these people scheme for power

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Have not. Wouldn't even attempt. Not into fantasy stuff.

I'm not either but something made me start the books a couple years ago. It's more of a medieval political thriller with a huge and remarkably well developed world (with history) that it made it impossible to put down. There are fantasy and sci-fi elements to the series, but it seriously accounts for maybe 10-20% of the story.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2013 -> 09:17 AM)
I watched Season 1 of The Office on Netflix since its only like 5 episodes. Outside of Amy Adams appearing, ugh. Is it like other series where it gets better in Season 2?

OK WTF is going on here. the past 3 pages you sound like jenksismyb**** and he sounds like you. Is everybody taking crazy PILLS!!!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:23 AM)
OK WTF is going on here. the past 3 pages you sound like jenksismyb**** and he sounds like you. Is everybody taking crazy PILLS!!!!!

I'm just wondering if the show hit its stride in Season 2.

Season 1 of Parks & Rec was bad and short as well but has been great ever since. Wondering if the same could be said for The Office.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)

Season 1 of Parks & Rec was bad and short as well but has been great ever since. Wondering if the same could be said for The Office.

Yea I agree with the Parks and Rec comment, that first season was pretty brutal, the characters just didn't find themselves yet.

But as soon as season 2 started with that rap by Leslie, you knew they were much more comfortable in their roles and comedy would ensue.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)

I think it did get better until its peak, when (spoiler!) Jim/Pam got together. After that it's all downhill. It was Steve Carroll playing the role of Michael Scott for 3-4 (5?) more seasons (not a genuinely new and interesting character that you enjoyed watching. It was just Michael Scott doing stupid/embarrassing s*** every episode). Occasionally there was a good episode, but it was average at best. And then it got to be unwatchable once Carroll left and they tried a bunch of gimmicks that failed.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Yea I agree with the Parks and Rec comment, that first season was pretty brutal, the characters just didn't find themselves yet.

But as soon as season 2 started with that rap by Leslie, you knew they were much more comfortable in their roles and comedy would ensue.

Agreed. Starting with season 2 the writers found out who the funny people were going to be (Ron, Andy, Tom and Pawnee generally) and refrained from having Leslie be the main comedic driver like Michael Scott in The Office.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:23 AM)

Hey now, I would never stoop so low as to say GoT is uninteresting/unwatchable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 17, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Hey now, I would never stoop so low as to say GoT is uninteresting/unwatchable.

Lol, it isnt the show as much as the comments. Usually Brian is pretty lenient and you are "I HATE THIS IT IS TERRIBLE I WILL WATCH THE ENTIRE SEASON TO MAKE SURE IT REMAINS TERRIBLE"

which is admirable and hilarious at the same time