2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
Just finished up on the last 4 or 5 episodes of Revolution. Aaahhh.....so many plot problems in that show. So many stupid moments, so many things that could/would never happen. So many characters I wish would die.

If you want to see characters die, you should watch GOT.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm absolutely elated for the season finales of Mad Men and the best comedy on television that no one talks about in VEEP.

Last week's VEEP was one of the best half hours of comedy ever.

You just read my mind.

"Can you imagine what that guys cum face is like?"

Whodunnit was really interesting!

For anyone who used to watch that awesome show, The Mole, which aired like 6 or 7 years ago, this show reminds me of it.

As of now, my predictions for The Killer is either Melina, based of gut reactions, or Dana based off her being the only one wearing red during the opening scene.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
Great finale for Mad Men. Is next season the last one?

I think I remember reading that it was. I liked the finale as well. I've wondered how long it would take the other partners to grow tired of Don's antics.

One question I had, though: Did I miss something about Peter going to California?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
Great finale for Mad Men. Is next season the last one?

Weiner has said no one has talked to him about it so he's assuming it's the last season. Sounds like he's leaving the door open a little if AMC wants to pay for more.

I thought it was a good finale and a good season. A lot of things from last night were a little unbelievable though. I would have liked a longer progression of change instead of something so abrupt. That said, I really like how they are setting things up for next season (assuming Weiner doesn't just flip the switch and go back to the way it has always been). The series finale may end on a happier note than I would have thought possible before last night.

Does anyone watch True Blood anymore? My wife and I watched the premiere episode last night. Somehow they managed to make the show even worse. Instead of one or two bad story lines, there are now four or five.

Whodunnit sucked. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Naked and Afraid was equal parts funny and wtf and interesting. The "couple" this week couldnt have been more opposite in personality, the guy thought he was big and tough but I thought he was the biggest complainer of the two of them.

It was pretty hilarious that he left the soot all over his face after their lean-to burned down. Like he was so angry about it that he left it. His sexist rant didnt really do him any favors, but then again the girl wasnt appreciative of anything. everytime he brought something back to eat, "thats small", "thats a baby".

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
I think I remember reading that it was. I liked the finale as well. I've wondered how long it would take the other partners to grow tired of Don's antics.

One question I had, though: Did I miss something about Peter going to California?

Yeah it was mentioned in his final conversation with Trudy. Basically he's off of his biggest account (Chevy) and he no longer has to deal with his family. He chose to follow Ted to California to get away and start over.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
Sepinwall liked the pilot for "Under the Dome". I'll DVR and give it a shot.

It premiers tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.

I loved the book minus the last 10 pages or so. It's like King wrote himself into a corner with that ending.

Apparently they made quite a few changes for the show so it's not a direct adaption. Should be interesting to see how they can keep it going assuming that the first season is successful.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)

Yeah it was mentioned in his final conversation with Trudy. Basically he's off of his biggest account (Chevy) and he no longer has to deal with his family. He chose to follow Ted to California to get away and start over.

I assumed he was following Ted, but I didn't remember him saying that. I must have missed it, or it was just assumed.