2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Demian Bichir is probably my favorite actor on television right now. He's been great, and so is the Bridge.

Since the show is going for realism, I expect there to be some sort of fallout for two cops letting their only witness escape and get killed, but the previews didn't seem to indicate that.

One detective and the captain of the precinct. Or is he the lieutenant?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
The only person I could think of is that guy in the desert, to whom Walt said "What's my name" or "Say my name", whatever it was.

I wonder if maybe the Heisenberg painting was done prior to the rest of the damage. Perhaps a message of "We know where you live".

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
What the hell, did the miss Vince Gilligan's preview of the next episode????

They put it in the first commercial break of the new show they're trying to sell. It sucks, but i've found that not knowing ANYTHING about what's going to happen in the coming episode adds to the excitement.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
They put it in the first commercial break of the new show they're trying to sell. It sucks, but i've found that not knowing ANYTHING about what's going to happen in the coming episode adds to the excitement.

There was still a preview in the Talking Bad show. He wasn't live in studio, but they had a cut of him talking and they also showed a still-screen of something from the next episode. Then the three of them in-studio discussed the still-screen briefly.

FoxSports1

I do like how they have more fun than ESPN, it's a looser look at sports, but right now I am watching Crowd Goes Wild, and this segment they are doing called "Pardon the Contradiction" has got to be the worst thing I've seen on a sports channel since NASCAR.

Essentially two people are given topics back and forth and for 30 seconds they have to argue one side of a topic, then once a bell rings, they have to argue the opposite side of that point. It's horrible. It's just one person rambling on for 8-10 seconds about something, anticipating a bell, then contradicting themselves with another ramble back until the bell rings, then back to their first points.

I like the network so far, but they've definitely have some kinks to iron out.

Oh yeah, and in a Jose Iglesias highlight, they called our White Sox catch Josh "Phlegley"

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
While Breaking Bad was really good again, that episode of Dexter was the best one I can remember for years. The scene where Zack, Dexter, and Hannah were eating together just had some ROFL lines in.

"I guess there are no vegetarians here..." That was just great stuff.

It was a great episode but the end threw me a bit. I like Hannah.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
FoxSports1

I do like how they have more fun than ESPN, it's a looser look at sports, but right now I am watching Crowd Goes Wild, and this segment they are doing called "Pardon the Contradiction" has got to be the worst thing I've seen on a sports channel since NASCAR.

Essentially two people are given topics back and forth and for 30 seconds they have to argue one side of a topic, then once a bell rings, they have to argue the opposite side of that point. It's horrible. It's just one person rambling on for 8-10 seconds about something, anticipating a bell, then contradicting themselves with another ramble back until the bell rings, then back to their first points.

I like the network so far, but they've definitely have some kinks to iron out.

Oh yeah, and in a Jose Iglesias highlight, they called our White Sox catch Josh "Phlegley"

Its horrible, they have athletes from other sports doing highlights. Clay Travis is the worst hire any sports show would ever make.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
Its horrible, they have athletes from other sports doing highlights. Clay Travis is the worst hire any sports show would ever make.

The 2 guys that anchor the show are just awful dam near unwatchable,

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 06:19 AM)
Vogel better not be the brain surgeon. That's be predictable and ruin this season.

Starting to think if its the investigator that Deb works for. He has to have a bigger role in this.

That was the conclusion I came to after the last episode as well. Now that Deb is going back to the force, that character has no relevance to anything, therefor I am guessing he must have a role w/ this whole thing.

Also, not happy they killed the kid. He was funny and very dark and interesting. Also, a bit of a wildcard character.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
That was the conclusion I came to after the last episode as well. Now that Deb is going back to the force, that character has no relevance to anything, therefor I am guessing he must have a role w/ this whole thing.

Also, not happy they killed the kid. He was funny and very dark and interesting. Also, a bit of a wildcard character.

I think its Quinn!! Or the Babysitter! lol

Couple random TV thoughts since it's close to 5 and i'm mentally checked out of this brief i'm working on:

1) True Blood's season finale might have been the worst season finale in the history of television. I am now officially done with that show. Did anyone else watch it?

2) Duck Dynasty is great. I laughed at my parents for recommending it last year, and then I started watching the (endless) re-runs leading up to last weeks premiere. It seems that I am one of millions that hopped on the bandwagon late.

3) Under the Dome seems to be getting worse and worse. I missed the last one but my wife gave it a big meh. Not sure I'll stick with that.

4) Saw a preview for Boardwalk the other night. Very excited.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Couple random TV thoughts since it's close to 5 and i'm mentally checked out of this brief i'm working on:

1) True Blood's season finale might have been the worst season finale in the history of television. I am now officially done with that show. Did anyone else watch it?

2) Duck Dynasty is great. I laughed at my parents for recommending it last year, and then I started watching the (endless) re-runs leading up to last weeks premiere. It seems that I am one of millions that hopped on the bandwagon late.

3) Under the Dome seems to be getting worse and worse. I missed the last one but my wife gave it a big meh. Not sure I'll stick with that.

4) Saw a preview for Boardwalk the other night. Very excited.

I don't get Duck Dynasty. It's possibly the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)

I gave up after last year's godawful season.