2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
I'm with you, but every time I tell someone that, I get yelled at.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the greatest show on TV, but it's the best reality show on right now (Sorry Challenge fans/people trying to remember the glory days of the early 00's and college). It's not look at me, look at me, look at me! like the rest of them. And it has some funny parts here and there.

Plus, it allows me to dream of being insanely rich in a small town where I can literally do whatever the hell I want, whenever I want.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 05:16 PM)
Wth a few kids and limited time I like the dual running of good shows

Breaking Bad/Hell on Wheels

SOA/Boardwalk

Mad Men/GOT

Everything else is filler

Hell on Wheels is back? AMC has done a terrible job marketing it. I had no idea and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
Hell on Wheels is back? AMC has done a terrible job marketing it. I had no idea and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

I've actually seen a ton of commercials for it. It's been moved to Saturday night's, which sounds like it's not doing well, or they are really pushing Low Winter Sun so hard that they bummed out Hell on Wheels to get LWS a larger audience.

Either way, HoW season 3 has been solid, but nothing major has really happened yet, just a lot of setting up for things.

I watched part of one of those The Challenge shows tonight for some reason. I can't believe some of those people are STILL doing these shows. I remember Wes from when I was in HS watching this s***. Crazy they are still have the energy for these shows.

But in the 20 minutes or so I saw, I absolutely despise that Frank guy. Picking fights w/ everyone and getting in their faces. Then, he stood in one of the rookies ways when he tried to walk by, then told the guy not to touch him. lol, what?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 03:56 AM)
I watched part of one of those The Challenge shows tonight for some reason. I can't believe some of those people are STILL doing these shows. I remember Wes from when I was in HS watching this s***. Crazy they are still have the energy for these shows.

But in the 20 minutes or so I saw, I absolutely despise that Frank guy. Picking fights w/ everyone and getting in their faces. Then, he stood in one of the rookies ways when he tried to walk by, then told the guy not to touch him. lol, what?

I can't believe people still watch that show. How is it still on the air?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
There will always be people in HS. It's the reason why MTV still exists.

I only watch Catfish and The Challenge on MTV. It's an awful channel now.

I fell asleep duing last nights show so missed any Frank fights. That guy is just a douche. The next guy who punches him and gets sent home for it deserves money.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)

Wes is 27. He should have the energy for the challenge given he's entering his physical prime.

Anyone over 30 on that show is on HGH.

Also, that show rocks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
Wes is 27. He should have the energy for the challenge given he's entering his physical prime.

Anyone over 30 on that show is on HGH.

Also, that show rocks.

Most the dudes are on steroids now and they give them an entire gym to train with DURING the show.

Not sure why its "reliving HS" for some people, none of these people are in HS.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Most the dudes are on steroids now and they give them an entire gym to train with DURING the show.

Not sure why its "reliving HS" for some people, none of these people are in HS.

But Joe was in high school once, so this show is high school apparently.

And Patrick Kane's just a college kid. :P

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
Don't get me wrong, it's not the greatest show on TV, but it's the best reality show on right now (Sorry Challenge fans/people trying to remember the glory days of the early 00's and college). It's not look at me, look at me, look at me! like the rest of them. And it has some funny parts here and there.

Plus, it allows me to dream of being insanely rich in a small town where I can literally do whatever the hell I want, whenever I want.

I have a theory that it's more popular in the northern, mid-western and western parts of the country. I just don't see why it's so popular period. I'm not seeing what people are so drawn to about it. Plus, I don't get how it's only be on TV for 17 months and there is merchandise for it everywhere you look. Four seasons of it already in a year and a half?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
Im just biding my time until Agents of SHIELD starts. Shortly after that is Walking Dead, then Shameless, then GoT.

Dexter is almost done, but I havent been nearly as focused on that as I usually am

Justified in January as well :D

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 09:02 PM)
Pretty weak of big brother to not show the juror member going back in.

Eh, It's easy to find out.

Andy is the biggest jellyfish in the history of the show. He wants to float.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)
Eh, It's easy to find out.

Andy is the biggest jellyfish in the history of the show. He wants to float.

Ya I know but they were teasing all week that a juror gets back in on Thursday, I figured they'd actually show it, I thought it was kind of weak sauce.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)
Ya I know but they were teasing all week that a juror gets back in on Thursday, I figured they'd actually show it, I thought it was kind of weak sauce.

Nah they never do. Classic BB.

I am so happy Helen is gone, the pushiest holier than thou player in awhile. Her good vs evil schtick was ridiculous.