2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It infuriates me that people consider Mad Men a better show. Mad Men is great, but not nearly as enjoyable to watch week-to-week. I can tune out of Mad Men for 10 minutes and not really care what I'm missing. You simply can't do that with Breaking Bad.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
The cliffhanger for BB didn't make much sense since we know the house is still standing. I'm assuming Flynn is there with the baby or something.

Still, Jesse's rage is what the moment was about for me.

And in the previews for next week, we see a conversation take place in the house, and everything seems normal. I wonder if he never lights it?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
It infuriates me that people consider Mad Men a better show. Mad Men is great, but not nearly as enjoyable to watch week-to-week. I can tune out of Mad Men for 10 minutes and not really care what I'm missing. You simply can't do that with Breaking Bad.

I've tried getting in to Mad Men, but every time I watch it it seems like I am just watching a soap opera of office politics. I never see anything "happen", just a ton of talking and gossiping and some sex. I don't know, it's just not my pace I guess.

Breaking Bad was outstanding last night. It's always great, but last night's episode was insane. The DVD scene was amazing. Funny how he threw Marie under the bus with the remark of how much his medical bills cost.

I don't know if I've ever seen a show that did such a good job of showing a character's transformation.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
Breaking Bad was outstanding last night. It's always great, but last night's episode was insane. The DVD scene was amazing. Funny how he threw Marie under the bus with the remark of how much his medical bills cost.

I don't know if I've ever seen a show that did such a good job of showing a character's transformation.

And one that tied in so many elements from previous seasons. Every scene has a purpose, whether we figure it out that episode, the next one, or 3 seasons later. We all saw how that weird pink teddy bear stuff not ONLY was an reference to the plane crash, but also foreshadowing what would eventually happen a couple seasons later to Gus Fring (half the face missing/burned).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
Breaking Bad is hand's down the best television show I've ever watched. The only way they could ruin it is to have it all wind up as a dream, which ain't happenin!

I was saying that the other day to a guy at the gym. My sentiments exactly.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
And one that tied in so many elements from previous seasons. Every scene has a purpose, whether we figure it out that episode, the next one, or 3 seasons later. We all saw how that weird pink teddy bear stuff not ONLY was an reference to the plane crash, but also foreshadowing what would eventually happen a couple seasons later to Gus Fring (half the face missing/burned).

You should consider the spoiler tags, man.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
He also talked about the reveal of the ricin cigarette, which is brand new even though most of us figured it, and the previews for next week. And I believe he's done the same thing in the movie thread.

That's what this is about - discussion of the show.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)
I'm probably wrong, but guessing those flashforward scenes, Walt is running from or getting ready to battle Todd, his uncle, and the guy from Justified?

Kevin Rankin - also was in "Friday Night Lights" with Todd (aka Landry).

I just try not to read anything about any of the shows I watch if I haven't seen the current episode. If I view this thread and see something that gives away a moment in an episode I haven't seen, that's my bad. However, if anything about Big Brother was put in spolier tags that would be great. I really don't give a s*** about that show. :P

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)
Who was Rankin in FNL? I don't remember him.

Herc (Kevin Rankin) — Athlete with the same injury as Jason Street, he's Jason's roommate in the rehab center after his accident. He takes Jason under his wing and gets him interested in quad rugby. They later become roommates and go in on a real estate venture together before Jason leaves for the northeast.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Herc (Kevin Rankin) — Athlete with the same injury as Jason Street, he's Jason's roommate in the rehab center after his accident. He takes Jason under his wing and gets him interested in quad rugby. They later become roommates and go in on a real estate venture together before Jason leaves for the northeast.

Oh yeah! He was funny. Can't hold forgetting parts of season 2 against me despite him being in a few S3 eps

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
Yeah - nothing can ever be discussed if every season of every tv show must not be talked about without spoiler tags.

Once it has been aired, I consider it fair game. If you haven't watched, you shouldn't be reading, especially for a show like BB where everyone is talking about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
Once it has been aired, I consider it fair game. If you haven't watched, you shouldn't be reading, especially for a show like BB where everyone is talking about it.

I agree with this.