2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Starting Saturday you have Hell on Wheels, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy all new. Yep, that is good four of weeks there of television.

Glad I am not using this thread to decide if I want to watch The League or Sunny.

I watch AGT with the family. It has some cool stuff on it but people voting for s***ty singers really has killed the show for the entire family.

Everyone complains about kids dance troups and singers every year yet they go through time and time again. Don't get it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
What on earth are you talking about? It was hilarious last night.

Sunny - now Sunny is straight up brutal, but The League was great.

I thought they were both good, not great. They usually have a ups and downs throughout the seasons so it's never good to judge on one episode.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 06:56 AM)
She sucks.

Amanda is one of my favorite players this season in that she is such a good player, but her meltdown was horrible. In the house you know if you are powerful you are going to be a target and you have to defend yourself. It appears on the feeds that she is making some headway.

At some point in BB you are going to be a target, and you have to win HOH or (more importantly) veto. Nobody goes through the entire game without almost getting evicted.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
Amanda is one of my favorite players this season in that she is such a good player, but her meltdown was horrible. In the house you know if you are powerful you are going to be a target and you have to defend yourself. It appears on the feeds that she is making some headway.

At some point in BB you are going to be a target, and you have to win HOH or (more importantly) veto. Nobody goes through the entire game without almost getting evicted.

She was one of the few this season who has actually played the game. She basically carried McCrae to this point but at the same time she is entirely the reason that the target is on their back's now. Her going crazy on Elissa is what got that target put on her and what will ultimately get her eliminated, there was no reason for it. If she just kept her mouth shut in that instance, she'd have a very good chance to win this.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
She was one of the few this season who has actually played the game. She basically carried McCrae to this point but at the same time she is entirely the reason that the target is on their back's now. Her going crazy on Elissa is what got that target put on her and what will ultimately get her eliminated, there was no reason for it. If she just kept her mouth shut in that instance, she'd have a very good chance to win this.

McCrae is smart to hide behind her, now he has to latch on to Elisa if he was smart.

Apparently right now Amanda and Elissa have been buddying up quite a bit and Andy is the swing vote.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
More like the floater alliance.

At this point in the game it's all about the veto. You have to win.

True, but how many seasons are the floaters smart enough to come together at the right time?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
Is anyone watching Low Winter Sun?

I've recorded the first 4 so I'm in a position where I don't miss the next great AMC show, but likely wouldn't watch it until BB is done and I can just cruise through the whole season.

Good? Bad? Average?

I haven't watched it either, let me know what you think. I think the TV market is over-saturated with cop shows/dramas. I'm sorta glad two of favorite shows are coming to an end this season. BB and Burn Notice.

imbd users gave it 7.3/10 scale

Edited by pettie4sox

I watched the roast of James Franco. Not bad. Those roasts are brutal in terms of insults. Hearing so many guys calling Sara Silverman old was pretty damn funny. And the jokes regarding the comic from India were pretty damn funny as well. Also Jonas Hill blasting Bill Hader for leaving SNL was also funny.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
I watched the roast of James Franco. Not bad. Those roasts are brutal in terms of insults. Hearing so many guys calling Sara Silverman old was pretty damn funny. And the jokes regarding the comic from India were pretty damn funny as well. Also Jonas Hill blasting Bill Hader for leaving SNL was also funny.

You've never heard of Aziz Ansari?

And he's from South Carolina.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
I haven't watched it either, let me know what you think. I think the TV market is over-saturated with cop shows/dramas. I'm sorta glad two of favorite shows are coming to an end this season. BB and Burn Notice.

imbd users gave it 7.3/10 scale

I tried watching the 1st episode, but I couldn't finish it. The show seems to take itself way too seriously. Everything was heavy drama with a big emphasis on "gritty cops". It was annoying.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)

Didn't realize South Carolina was in India.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
If it wasn't for Rafi, I would have dropped The League last year. The show is just stale and tries way too hard.

I agree. They seem to be more concerned with making the most over-the-top joke instead of just being funny. Don't have much of an urge to watch this year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Wes and CT have both folded in final challenges due to lack of endurance before. Also, they arent the greatest at puzzles. I personally think the rookies win.

I'd like for CT to win, but those past struggles and Wes not being on PEDs worries me. I also think that the rookies will win, they are the best all-around team. Just don't let Frank f***ing win.

Paula & Emily have it locked up.