2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
Loved the first episode of Boardwalk. Easily my 2nd favorite show behind Breaking Bad. Yes, over Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc. As soon as the show starts i'm transported to the 1920's. It's amazing.

Big fan of Boardwalk myself. And I think Im going to be a bigger fan if they start focusing more on Capone.

I just kind of laugh at the unnecessary nudity, basically every new female has to show her breasts.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
Big fan of Boardwalk myself. And I think Im going to be a bigger fan if they start focusing more on Capone.

I just kind of laugh at the unnecessary nudity, basically every new female has to show her breasts.

I have no complaints about that aspect of the show.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
Big fan of Boardwalk too. Just wish they cut down the story lines. Seems like there's 2 or 3 too many.

It's obviously only been 1 episode, but I think some of the stories will be trimmed down as some of the characters will intertwine more. It was always a bummer in the past seeing Al Capone every other episode.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
SOA back tonight.....as excited as I am at it's return....I must admit I can barely remember how last season ended.......

The first episode was solid - nothing spectacular. The school shooting is a very smart way to talk about guns.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
The first episode was solid - nothing spectacular. The school shooting is a very smart way to talk about guns.

I spent the entire episode wondering who the hell the blond kid was. When they first showed him it looked like a flashback to a younger Jax.

I'm assuming he's the son of the girl that was shown at the end with Dave Navarro?

Also my first (probably wrong) prediction is that Tig doesn't survive the entire season.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
I spent the entire episode wondering who the hell the blond kid was. When they first showed him it looked like a flashback to a younger Jax.

I'm assuming he's the son of the girl that was shown at the end with Dave Navarro?

Also my first (probably wrong) prediction is that Tig doesn't survive the entire season.

Yeah, that much was given because you remember the boy kissing him mother or whomever at the beginning before heading out.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 01:02 AM)
Saw The League. Great stuff as usual. And as usual, Raffi was aweosome.

Saw half a show of the League for the first time last week. Thought it was just awful and unfunny. I'm a fan of Sunny (though a little off the rails, imo, the past few seasons), and was surprised that they'd put the two back-to-back.

Do I need to give it more of a chance, folks? I respect all your opinions, but I really don't have the time to be less selective in my viewing.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
Saw half a show of the League for the first time last week. Thought it was just awful and unfunny. I'm a fan of Sunny (though a little off the rails, imo, the past few seasons), and was surprised that they'd put the two back-to-back.

Do I need to give it more of a chance, folks? I respect all your opinions, but I really don't have the time to be less selective in my viewing.

Call me crazy, but 15 minutes of a show that is 4 seasons long seems like a BIT of small sample size to declare it sucks.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
Call me crazy, but 15 minutes of a show that is 4 seasons long seems like a BIT of small sample size to declare it sucks.

Agreed. I'll probably give it another chance.

But, would rather save the time by gauging a consensus opinion here. ;)

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)

The League is f***ing hilarious.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Agreed. I'll probably give it another chance.

But, would rather save the time by gauging a consensus opinion here. ;)

Well a lot of times they use inside jokes and jokes that you'd have to know the character to understand. Same thing with Workaholics and their bevy of inside jokes and terminology.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Well a lot of times they use inside jokes and jokes that you'd have to know the character to understand. Same thing with Workaholics and their bevy of inside jokes and terminology.

Or on Arrested Development. Or on Parks & Recreation. Or on pretty much any good comedy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
Watch the first three seasons, it's pretty hilarious. Then save yourself the time and don't watch further.

This. It's so dumb and repetitive right now.

But if you like constant cameos of unfunny real NFL players in extremely unlikley and unfunny situations about a 5 person fantasy league then you'll love this show.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
This. It's so dumb and repetitive right now.

But if you like constant cameos of unfunny real NFL players in extremely unlikley and unfunny situations about a 5 person fantasy league then you'll love this show.

I guess if you are going to have wrong opinions, you may as well have wrong facts. ;)